Repair LG 60UF770V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair LG 60UF770V

Hi folks, I bought this tv in 2016 from Very. I don't think it came with a 5 year warranty but Ive sent a repair request to LG to see what they say. Last few expensive AV items have been bought from richer sounds as they seem to do 6 year warranty on everything.

Anywhoo, this tv has been great past few years and i literally was watching a netflix programme last night, paused it to answer front door, came back and tv was like this.

It seems to affect only the right half of the tv. The menu displays on the left hand side so I was able to reset tv but no joy. Left it off overnight but still the same this morning...

Could this possibly be a LVDS cable or mainboard issue. If its the screen I presume i may as well dump the tv.

This thread shows similar issues although not identical. Ive found a LVDS cable which is only £8. Can anyone provide a link to a mainboard, not sure the cost of those. The fact that tv is perfect one half and terrible on exactly leads me to believe its maybe not the screen but in fact something smaller...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66084

Im not too bad with electronics, never dismantled a tv like this before, is there a repair guide anywhere...
    Attached Files

Re: Repair LG 60UF770V

Not sure but tv might be in demo mode, try engine button or some settings button on remote change from demo mode, hit menu for exit.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-21-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Can try going to: picture settings-picture mode/game settings-scroll down to picture options-turn off all those settings/filters, see if that works.

Comment

TV needs to be in store mode to set demo mode. Buts ive reset it anyway and can confirm its def in home mode. Gaming settings hasn't made any difference. I don't use that mode anyway. Turned off all picture settings in normal mode...no difference

Ive opened up the tv and taken some pictures so I know if i do buy some parts they will be correct. I plugged out cables and reseated lvds cables but hasn't helped.

There are two lvds cables, is it possible one cable has affect one side of tv...

Def seems to be hardware issue...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by aidy55; 07-21-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Swap the 2 flat cables going from the Tcon to panel over & see if it follows.
          Last edited by Wilderone; 07-21-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Possibly tab bond issue.

Comment

Originally posted by aidy55 View Post
              Def seems to be hardware issue...
              with all LG TV which working but had issue, the first things we do reset it with IN_STOP command which it will roll back all drivers. reset the TV via normal setting menu its just clear profile of setting. so start with IN_STOP

Comment

Luckily I have a mobile with IR. I got the service remote and done a in stop reset but no joy, still the same.

I done the test screens, the colours only show up on the good half, does this mean anything

I have already ordered a lvds cable as it was only £8. Since removing TV from wall is a pain I will do the cable swap test when new cable arrives

Do I need to swap lvds cables at both ends or just one end.
                Attached Files

Comment

Luckily I have a mobile with IR. I got the service remote and done a in stop reset but no joy, still the same.

I done the test screens, the colours only show up on the good half, does this mean anything

I have already ordered a lvds cable as it was only £8. Since removing TV from wall is a pain I will do the cable swap test when new cable arrives

Do I need to swap lvds cables at both ends or just one end.
                  It's not the LVDS cable you want, it's the flat ribbon cables that go from the Tcon to the panel boards.
                  Swap left for right.

See pic for attention,
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Wilderone; 07-21-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Luckily I have a mobile with IR. I got the service remote and done a in stop reset but no joy, still the same..
                    LVDS not easily got damage unless they broken while wrong reseating them . this you can approve it with good loop to check the end silver pins if any short or Brocken.

according to last photo you have issue on MB much its like reflow issue on IC100 or Picture processor in case the LVDS are good and there no damage as i mentioned above

Comment

Problem is worse now, tv not coming on at all. There is power, standby light flashes red three times but nothing displayed on screen.

Does this point to the main board, can't seem to get one on eBay or anywhere for that matter.

Thought LG may have got back to me, wonder what they might do for me if anything.

Comment

Problem is worse now, tv not coming on at all. There is power, standby light flashes red three times but nothing displayed on screen.

Does this point to the main board, can’t seem to get one on eBay or anywhere for that matter.

Thought LG may have got back to me, wonder what they might do for me if anything.
                        It's the seller not the manufacturer you should be on to, arguing a TV should last longer than a couple of years.
                        I suspect it is a BGA or Processor issue on the mainboard.

Comment

LG told me to ring Very. Very told me to ring LG. Both not interested. Complained as much as I could. Purchase price was £1099. Tv 2.5 years old. 1 year warranty.

LG said new main board £400.

I’ve got this lvds cable through, Is it worth replacing?

Comment

Are you saying I need to swap these wide ribbon cables going down. I thought they were for speakers.

Doest look like they can be swapped over
                            Attached Files

Comment

Are you saying I need to swap these wide ribbon cables going down. I thought they were for speakers.

Doest look like they can be swapped over
                              Yes those wide ones, there will be clips on both panel side & Tcon side.

Comment

Is it worth leaving in to a TV repair shop. If it is the main board will they be able to repair it without replacing

Comment

LG told me to ring Very. Very told me to ring LG. Both not interested. Complained as much as I could. Purchase price was £1099. Tv 2.5 years old. 1 year warranty.

LG said new main board £400.

I've got this lvds cable through, Is it worth replacing?
                                  Of course Very won't be interested, they are responsible in this case.
                                  A complaint in writing, reminding them of consumer law in this country ?

If you've given up making a claim, I'd ring around first. Some TV repair places just replace boards, others do BGA rework.

Comment

Try to rework the IC under the big white heatsink, the UF series has the same common issues, or replace the main board.

Comment

There isn't a main board available anywhere. Lg quoted me 400 quid can you believe

I've got a decent soldering station with hot air gun. I've used the hot air to solder smd leds but never rework components.

What temp should I be hitting it with

Also my TV doesn't turn on at all ow, standby just blinks a couple of times. I can get a power board for 20 quid

Comment

There isn't a main board available anywhere. Lg quoted me 400 quid can you believe

I've got a decent soldering station with hot air gun. I've used the hot air to solder smd leds but never rework components.

What temp should I be hitting it with

Also my TV doesn't turn on at all ow, standby just blinks a couple of times. I can get a power board for 20 quid
                                        There is a reason BGA rework stations are a thing, they preheat the entire board and give a fairly accurate way to follow the reflow temperature profile evenly over the entire processor.

With the board being £400 and as rare as unicorns second hand, perhaps consider getting a professional to reball your board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X