LG 37LE5300 no picture no backlight, request firmware dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 37LE5300 no picture no backlight, request firmware dump

Bought this TV to fix for myself. Plug it in, touch the power button and it beeps and the power LED turns on, but it won't do much else.

Probed around the mainboard, found that i am not getting PANEL_VCC. Dug some more and noticed that it doesn't get the input signal to switch. Also i am not getting INV_ON (hence no backlight). Forcing the inverter to turn on results in working backlight so the LEDs are ok. Still no picture.

Both these control signals are coming from MCU IC1002, so i suspect a firmware issue. Does anyone have a firmware dump for this board? It is LD01D EAX61766102(11).

Service manual:
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: LG 37LE5300 no picture no backlight, request firmware dump

I have a working mainboard on the way, got a fair price on ebay from Russia. Will update you when it arrives.
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Keep us updated matey
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Here's to hoping there's nothing wrong with the panel, all the power supply voltages are OK, got a nice even backlight, screen seems in good shape, and also the Tcon is integrated on the mainboard in this TV so there's not much else left to go wrong if i swap the main.

Read that there was a bit of a panel lottery with this particular set, with some people getting the nice LG S-IPS while others getting an inferior VA panel by some other manufacturer... Mine reads LG Display on the sticker.

Comment

Board arrived today. IT WORKS!!!

I will have to take the panel apart and clean it a little as it has a very annoying piece of black dirt in the upper right area. But other than that this has a VERY nice picture with pleasant warm colors.

Next up, figuring what's wrong with the original main, and modding this working main with a larger heatsink or a small quiet fan, as the main processor gets hot as #!@&.

Comment

Awesome work
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Here are some pics, in the last one you can see the dirt. It also has very slight burn-in which shows up on bright pictures, so i left a "dead pixel fix" flashing pattern on before going to work.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yak that needs a bath lol, also the burn in is because the Lcd hasnt been used in a while I have found that Lg Lcds if not used in ages get image retention unsure why though.

Comment

Well i wouldn't bathe it just for that one speck of dirt, i can take that off with my tweezers and put it back together.

However this came from a smokers' house as i found smoke residue even underneath the LCD frame. The contrast seems to me a bit weaker than expected so maybe a good wash of the polarizers would help that.

Comment

Been using this TV to watch youtube mostly, and also to mess around doing some music in FL Studio - i can finally see stuff properly in these crammed music making programs!

Have not gotten around to trying to fix the old board yet, or to taking apart the panel. I've had a lot of work to do and also had bad insomnia all weekend, fortunately i managed to get rid of that last night.

Overall i am very happy with this TV. I like the colors, the auto backlight adjust ("eco mode") could use some work but i still left it on. There are lots of picture adjustment options - more than some monitors have, for that matter! There is even a built-in calibration wizard which is great. Also "Trumotion" (frame interpolation) works great for YouTube videos - i don't remember liking this feature on Samsung TVs, it made motion look too soft. Built-in speakers are good enough too, for when i don't want to be tempted to disturb my neighbors.

Comment

I know that passed a lot of time but i have same TV with similar problem. When i connect power standby led turns on red. It reacts to remote control, and when i press power button standby led goes off but there is no backlight. I see on led that TV continues to react on remote commands. I did find another power supply and tried to change it but problem remains. I need someone to guide me how to check if this is backlight or some other kind of problem. Thank You !

Comment

Is your set LG 37LE5300-xx
                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                          Is your set LG 37LE5300-xx
                          Yes, 37LE5300-ZA

Comment

Select "menu" on the remote control and check with a bright light (torch) if there's an image on the screen. You have to look carefully and may need to angle the light source.

Normally you can see if the backlights are on from the back of the panel where there tend to be cutouts in the panel.

Post pictures of your boards as that can help at times.
                            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
                            X