Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung Un60es6100 LED how to force power supply on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Un60es6100 LED how to force power supply on?

Hey guys.

Here is a link to shopjimmy with the pictures of the power supply from this set https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn...r-supply-unit/

I would like to know which pins on the power supply I have to jump to force it on without the main board connected, so I could troubleshoot if I have a main board issue or a power supply issue?

I have read some things that I need a 1 ohm resistor to do it, but I don't think I have one on hand. I have done this on other sets before and never have used a resistor to do it. Please advise and thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung Un60es6100 LED how to force power supply on?

Samsung TV power supplies typically have pull up resistors on the PS-ON and BL-ON control signals so you just need to disconnect the cable going to the main board.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
      Samsung TV power supplies typically have pull up resistors on the PS-ON and BL-ON control signals so you just need to disconnect the cable going to the main board.
      This one doesn't seem to as I have done that and it won't come on.

Comment

Start with testing the voltages at the connector on the powerboard, with EVERYTHING hooked up, you measure them with your mutimeter, set meter to 20 vdc then report them, put neg probe on chassis metal ground, pos probe on pin of connector, measure in standby take note, leave probes where they are then power on tv and again take note of voltages, report them here, example pin 1-ps-on-0 volts standby-power on-3.3 volts. This is how we see what voltages you do or don't have.

Comment

Since you got no backlights in the test, the problem is probably on powerboard or backlights.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Start with testing the voltages at the connector on the powerboard, with EVERYTHING hooked up, you measure them with your mutimeter, set meter to 20 vdc then report them, put neg probe on chassis metal ground, pos probe on pin of connector, measure in standby take note, leave probes where they are then power on tv and again take note of voltages, report them here, example pin 1-ps-on-0 volts standby-power on-3.3 volts. This is how we see what voltages you do or don't have.
            I really do appreciate everyone's help here. I really do, but could someone please just answer my original question?

Comment

Nah, I just don't feel like it.

Comment

Probably need to do the tests as explained prior. If you not getting the correct voltages, your ps may be bad. If so, no way to jump it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfernandes View Post
                  I really do appreciate everyone's help here. I really do, but could someone please just answer my original question?
                  Your answer was given in post#2
                  The power supply has pullup resistors on the PS-ON transistor, so there is no need to have external resistors, just unplug the main board. If the power supply is not turning ON then it has a problem.
                  Do you have A5V (standby voltage)? If not, check FM802S if open, ICS801S is likely bad.
                  Last edited by R_J; 02-05-2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I have read some things that I need a 1 ohm resistor to do it, but I don't think I have one on hand. I have done this on other sets before and never have used a resistor to do it. Please advise and thanks in advance.
                    When jumper resistors are used then use 1K ohm (1000 ohms) or something close to that value. Never use 1 ohm.
                    Last edited by dick_barton; 02-07-2021, 02:33 PM.
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

You can easily verify if the power supply board has pull-up resistors for self-test function or not by measuring the DCV on the control pins of the power supply board without main board connected.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

This one doesn't seem to as I have done that and it won't come on.
                        Congratulations, you have just diagnosed your power supply board and or backlight as the culprit.

What you mentioned you have read regarding jumping pin# to Pin# does not apply for any Samsung LED TV manufactured between 2011 to today. You must have read about a Samsung plasma power supply troubleshooting which is designed differently and can not be used to troubleshoot LED models or other boards from different manufacturers.

Now that you know that your power supply board is the issue and or your LED strips the issue, you need to troubleshoot from there.

If you have an LED tester, use it and check your LED strips. If not then disconnect your LED strips from the power supply, and plug it back in. Now check your output voltages to the mainboard such as the A5v, B5v, and 12v lines.
                        If everything is there, then your LED's are the issue. If not everything is there, then your power supply is the issue.

Comment

Well you just had 6 pros and 1 amateur ALL tell you the same thing, if you didn't want advice then why did you post.

Comment

Working...
                          X