VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin for 24W1433DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin for 24W1433DB

I revived my Toshiba (Vestel) 24W1433DB using the mb90_en.bin file from this thread only now the screen output is upside down. The picture quality is perfect but upside down.

I believe that the panel settings are configured in the file VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin - does anyone have a working 24W1433DB from where they could take a copy [1] of this file? Or does anyone know how to hack this file to rotate the screen by 180 degrees?

Thanks,
    Jim.

[1] This file, and others, can be copied to a USB stick using the 'USB Operations' option on the Service menu. The Service menu can be accesssed from the regular menu by entering 4725 on the remote. If you place an empty txt file on a USB stick called: DownloadPq.mb95, and then trigger the 'USB Operations' option on the Service menu, it will copy a bunch of files to the USB stick, one of which will be: VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin - I'd really like a copy of that one.

There are other files you can grab too using an empty DownloadProfile.mb95 file, or an empty DownloadSpi.mb95 file. Files can also be written back to the Pq, Profile, and Spi folders. For example, if the USB stick has the folder: 'Profile' containing the file: mb95_hwprofile.bin, and you trigger the 'USB Operations' option this will cause the mb95_hwprofile.bin file on the USB stick to replace the one on the TV. Turning the TV off and on should then load any new file(s).

Re: VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin for 24W1433DB

http://www.fanzo.org/forum/viewtopic...ADHsUClZJ844Fs

Comment

Hello Jim

I am in the same problem, but I have got the files.

Specifically the one you mentioned at the time on VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin, but I don't know what line to modify to rotate the screen 180 degrees.

Originally posted by Jim Trent View Post
      I revived my Toshiba (Vestel) 24W1433DB using the mb90_en.bin file from this thread only now the screen output is upside down. The picture quality is perfect but upside down.

I believe that the panel settings are configured in the file VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin - does anyone have a working 24W1433DB from where they could take a copy [1] of this file? Or does anyone know how to hack this file to rotate the screen by 180 degrees?

Thanks,
      Jim.

[1] This file, and others, can be copied to a USB stick using the 'USB Operations' option on the Service menu. The Service menu can be accesssed from the regular menu by entering 4725 on the remote. If you place an empty txt file on a USB stick called: DownloadPq.mb95, and then trigger the 'USB Operations' option on the Service menu, it will copy a bunch of files to the USB stick, one of which will be: VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin - I'd really like a copy of that one.

There are other files you can grab too using an empty DownloadProfile.mb95 file, or an empty DownloadSpi.mb95 file. Files can also be written back to the Pq, Profile, and Spi folders. For example, if the USB stick has the folder: 'Profile' containing the file: mb95_hwprofile.bin, and you trigger the 'USB Operations' option this will cause the mb95_hwprofile.bin file on the USB stick to replace the one on the TV. Turning the TV off and on should then load any new file(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Koster View Post
        Hello Jim

I am in the same problem, but I have got the files.

Specifically the one you mentioned at the time on VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin, but I don't know what line to modify to rotate the screen 180 degrees.

Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunDXQiRioQ he rotates the video 180 on a Vestel.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunDXQiRioQ he rotates the video 180 on a Vestel.
          I had already seen that video, what it does not say is how it does the whole process.

Comment

I had already seen that video, what it does not say is how it does the whole process.
            I know I have watched a video of his where he edits the code. He was/isd a member on here.
            It might be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNjLvq9ekQ it's late here, so I'm not got my amp on, so I can't confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              I know I have watched a video of his where he edits the code. He was/isd a member on here.
              It might be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNjLvq9ekQ it's late here, so I'm not got my amp on, so I can't confirm.
              I had also seen that video and more or less you see part of the screen and the process used to edit the .BIN, but at least it is not very clear to me.
              Yesterday I got a program (Vestel Toolbox) to configure the .BIN file without having to deal with ASCII. But I have not had time to use it, this afternoon / night if I get any progress I will put it.

Comment

I had also seen that video and more or less you see part of the screen and the process used to edit the .BIN, but at least it is not very clear to me.
                Yesterday I got a program (Vestel Toolbox) to configure the .BIN file without having to deal with ASCII. But I have not had time to use it, this afternoon / night if I get any progress I will put it.
                How did you get on with this issue in the end?

Comment

Do you have problems and want a bin?

Comment

I haven't been here in a long time!

I still believe the fix is to use a VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin file for a compatible TV. In my case the Toshiba 24W1433DB which I believe has a VES236WNEC-01 panel inside - does yokoono have one of these?

I'm not convinced that VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin can be easily hacked. The YouTube video just demonstrates the novelty of changing the word TOSHIBA to DRANFIELD which, while interesting, isn't really useful.

To properly hex-edit a file you really need the precise offset, or a unique hex string to search, plus the new hex values to enter. The Vestel Toolbox thing can't do anything with this particular file

I was hoping that someone had a working 24W1433DB and could supply the VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin from that. I then believe it would be possible to replace the 'bad' file with the 'good' file. I outline how to do that in the OP.

In the mean while (2 years now) I have the TV mounted upside down on a generic monitor stand.

Jim.

Comment

Hi.

Backup panel file and send me, may be i fix it.
                      https://www.badcaps.net

Comment

This one comes from having installed mb90_en.bin (v2.1.9z) for a Toshiba 32W1333B - found in this thread.

It works for me a part for the screen being upside down.

Jim.
                        Attached Files

Comment

try 1 first.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that!

I've had a look at the files. For OFFSETs : 0x0000A789 + 0x00011CD8 we have these values:

Code:
                            0. 310D0A + 85852E0D0A (original)

1. 310D0A + EFBFBDEFBD2E0D0A

2. 300D0A + EFBFBDEFBD2E0D0A
                            I'd love to know the meaning of those changes

Now, I believe the next problem is that, according to my notes from 2 years ago, having replaced the VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin file you also need to delete something called /conf/panel.bin, then at startup the VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin file is used to recreate the panel.bin file. Only I have no idea how to delete panel.bin!

Is it just a case of using an usb_auto_update_A1.txt file with:

rm /conf/panel.bin
                            %

Is that it, and then panel.bin gets deleted and recreated?

Jim.

Comment

This code change screen rotation vertically or/and horizontally.
                              Do you know how to install this files to tv?

Comment

I know how to replace VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin using 'USB Operations' option on the Sevice menu. But I believe that I also need to delete /conf/panel.bin and I don't know how to do that.

Jim.

Comment

But I believe that I also need to delete /conf/panel.bin and I don't know how to do that.
                                  you need to log in the tv by using such Putty or WinSCP on windows platform , via serial USB to TTL, and use the scart socket pin 10 as rx and pin 12 as tx and 13 as GND.

Comment

I know how to replace VESTEL_D1_Plus_PNL.bin using 'USB Operations' option on the Sevice menu. But I believe that I also need to delete /conf/panel.bin and I don't know how to do that.

Jim.
                                    this files rewrite panel.bin file. no need to delete local file.

Comment

Success!

File number 2 has flipped the screen the correct way up. where were you two years ago!

Gold medal to Ariza.

Jim.

Comment

Success!

File number 2 has flipped the screen the correct way up. where were you two years ago!

Gold medal to Ariza.

Jim.
                                        Hi
                                        Could you explain step by step how to rotate 180 screen ?

Comment

Working...
                                        X