Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jvc EM65FTR 65 No Standby light DEAD

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
    If I would have known earlier that this board has an MSD main IC... that's your problem. 9 times out of 10 when I had a main board with the MSD main IC it was bad, not the eeprom.
    Looks like there is some questionable (re)soldering work around the MSD IC.
    Are you saying the eeprom soldering work looks shotty if so then it may be just the picture and the excess flux. I properly soldered eeprom and use desoldering braid to get all the solder off the old pads and then placed the new eeprom and drag soldered, very easy job.

Comment

If I would have known earlier that this board has an MSD main IC... that's your problem. 9 times out of 10 when I had a main board with the MSD main IC it was bad, not the eeprom.
      Looks like there is some questionable (re)soldering work around the MSD IC.
      btw would adding a mini heatsink to the main ic prevent it from dying again possibly or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Super360 View Post
        Hi all, I have a very nice 65 jvc tv with good ole component inputs. Its dead as it gets no power, no standby light. I know these tv's have issues with eeproms. Anyways here's some pics I cant find a eeprom for my board # on shopjimmy, kinda weird.
        Hi friend, I tried to zoom in as much as possible on the photo you posted but it was a bit blurry understandably but it looks as if the solder did not properly flow over the pins of U2 and somewhat the same with U3. Use ample flux and a soldering tip about the same size as the pins on the IC to focus and reduce overheating. You should not be able to see the bottom foot of the IC with proper solder flow.

Comment

A little update put in the new motherboard and is working great. This is actually pretty decent set even though it's only 1080p max.
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't think the main IC runs on 19V. There must be a buck converter somewhere then on the main board.
            I agree with you. I think missing the 5.0 is the key. I don't believe it's 19v which is mote likely audio VCC.

Comment

Working...
            X