Need software for Intelligent universal programmer lk48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need software for Intelligent universal programmer lk48

no, the original UXP version has USB & parallel on the main board.
    and works with both software versions.
    they where offering the board as an upgrade for a while - but it has no speed advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
      IMO somewhere along the way you mixed 2 different scenarios thus falling in a dead end trap.
      Nope.
      I know that there are two versions (XP and UXP) of the programmer, the reason I am interested in an USB solution is just for convenience, NOT speed.

I asked about the PCMCIA and the USB2LPT because these seem two cheap solutions (if they work), then I noticed that the UXP uses the Cypress chip to add USB connectivity and asked if someone has more info about how it's connected internally.
      I assumed it was used as an USB to parallel converter, so *possibly* it would be a simple matter to match the I/O pins from the chip to the parallel port signals.

However, as stj pointed out, the USB/Parallel capable software works ONLY on the UXP programmer, while the XP software (parallel capable only) works on both.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        no, the original UXP version has USB & parallel on the main board.
        and works with both software versions.
        If i recall it correctly the parallel software version wouldn't work with 64bits WinOS versions.
        (...) but it has no speed advantage.
        Yes, no speed advantage on USB connection.

Comment

Hello, Is there a license patch available for the current V12.40 Dataman 48UXP software? Many thanks for your assistance

Comment

not to my knowledge.
            i think i'm the only person that even bothered - and the programmer was borrowed.
            so i cant really do any newer versions with nothing to test on.

Comment

You mention a fix for version 10.5 ...
              Unfortunately, I can't find this version on google. If you have it, would it be possible to post a link or perhaps via PM?

Many Thanks

Comment

why the fuck are you using the devil's "search" engine??
                just go to the makers homepage!!
                http://www.aec.com.tw/updatesw.htm

Comment

http://www.aec.com.tw/10-48UXP-WINXP.htm

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Skybug2 View Post
                      Hello, Is there a license patch available for the current V12.40 Dataman 48UXP software? Many thanks for your assistance
                      Change offset 03CDD0 of the executable from 55 to C3.

Comment

nice.
                        did you trace that from scratch or pattern search from my older work?

Comment

I looked at what you did in 10.50, and was able to replicate in some other versions.
                          But the latest versions were different because the strings are located in another area (sorry can't explain exactly I don't know much about how PC software works), and debugger couldn't find the strings, but then found a way.
                          So credit is 99% yours, Thanks!

Forgot to point out that is for the XP version, not the UXP.
                          Last edited by zjta0k; 04-10-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

i noticed long ago that the versions are very different.
                            i dont know why they didnt put the parallel and usb>parallel drivers in the same software.

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like the protection isn't as easy to defeat...
                              After a while I've noticed the cracked program started to fall back to demo mode, at first I thought it was phoning home, but it isn't the case.
                              This happens also with 10.50: Initially it appears to work OK, but program/verify/compare a couple of devices and eventually will stop working.

Comment

they all do it, but it's random.
                                i never tried to fix it because i only needed to do a couple of chips at a time.
                                it's a second check routine.

Comment

they all do it, but it's random.
                                  What do you mean?

I had the impression that the frequency of the 2nd check increased along with the counter in the bottom right, I.e. at first it wasn't so bad, but the more devices you programmed the more frequently the check came up.

i only needed to do a couple of chips at a time.
                                  I agree that when programming 1/2 devices it's not a big problem, but sometimes the check happens midway during operations, so your part (programming) will fail.

Comment

i found that sometimes you could only do one device, but other times it could take 15 or 30 minutes before it complained.
                                    the randomness is probably intentional to make it hard to find.

Comment

i found that sometimes you could only do one device, but other times it could take 15 or 30 minutes before it complained.
                                      the randomness is probably intentional to make it hard to find.
                                      Yes. Back in version 10.x, a couple years ago, found 99 occurrences to generate a pseudorandom number, either calling ´msvcrt.time' or 'msvcrt.srand´.
                                      Thought it was so funny that even took that note then

Comment

thats poor programming, using a syscall like that - very easy to find and redirect!

Comment

Cant find the 10.50 or 12.40 version on the web, anyone that have it and can share?

Comment

Working...
                                          X