LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Plenty of success with other models using this patcher but the Lenovo Yoga 12 has me scratching my head...

I successfully dumped and patched a Yoga 12 i5-4200 model, using the 4mb chip (furthest from CPU). However I'm not sure if I mixed up the boards and this one didn't actually have a password. Screen went black entering BIOS, I went through the keypresses anyway, when I flashed back to stock there was no password. Will check again tomorrow as I have one more passworded 4200 here.

The i5-5200 model won't work in autopatcher, file "is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump." Checked with UEFITool, it loads and looks ok.

I tried flashing the patched 4200 file onto the 5200 but it wouldn't boot. Reflashed the 5200 dump, laptop works fine (with password).

BIOS content also seems to change on every reboot, (dump has a different md5sum) but I can always get 2 matching dumps.

Tried again after updating to the latest BIOS (newdump.rar attached) - same issue.

File attached if anyone could take a look please.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hi all, please help patch my x280 NMB521 Rev 1

Comment

Thanks in advance

Comment

hello

could somebody please patch my T480?

Comment

Hi,
            Successfully patched my T580.
            It has a 28Q128JVSQ eeprom (16Mb)
            I used a CH341A usb interface with colibri.
            Here's my patched bios.
            (It worked with hitting Enter key before the LENOVO LOGO)
            Thanks a lot for all your work.
            Attached Files

Comment

I am trying to open patch file with python but it disapear quickly when i dounle click on it . i have tried python 2.7 and lastest version . does anyone know how to fix it.
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TranTrien View Post
                I am trying to open patch file with python but it disapear quickly when i dounle click on it . i have tried python 2.7 and lastest version . does anyone know how to fix it.
                Thank you
                try maybe
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1421
                Last edited by Maxpower3; 07-22-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by YousefT View Post
                  Hi all, please help patch my x280 NMB521 Rev 1
                  Anyone available please help patch it.

Comment

Originally posted by YousefT View Post
                    Anyone available please help patch it.
                    Here you are
                    Attached Files
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.​
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Locoryan View Post
                      hello

could somebody please patch my T480?
                      "T480original.bin is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump."

Try dumping the BIOS again. Make sure you have two matching files using md5sum.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                        Here you are
                        Thanks Vesko and to the genius behind this Auto-patcher.
                        I appreciate a lot. It works like magic.
                        Credit goes to you all.

Comment

I'd like to add that it also worked perfectly for me - Thinkpad T440p
                          Thanks!!

Comment

Hello, i was trying to remove supervisor password from x240 and its looks like i break something.
                            I desoldered w25q128fv and created backup and patched image using ft2232h and flashrom.
                            When i flashed patched bios and soldered chip again motherboard is turning on but there is nothing on the screen fan is working for a while and its turning off. so i desoldered bios chip again and flashed backup and its still not working? Is it possible that something broke by running patch? or is it something with soldering?

Comment

Originally posted by jku131 View Post
                              Is it possible that something broke by running patch?
                              No
                              Originally posted by jku131 View Post
                              or is it something with soldering?
                              More likely. Or (most probably) bad programming of the chip as usual.
                              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                              Become a Badcaps supporter
                              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                              Thanks to all supporters.​
                              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                No

More likely. Or (most probably) bad programming of the chip as usual.
                                Thanks for response, programming is good because I verified checksum after reading. What values should resistors near 25q128 have?

Comment

@jku131
                                  The resistors connected in series to chip DATA lines are 33 Ohms, PULL-UPS are 3.3k and the one for CS is 10k. Use picture as reference.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by AAAC; 07-24-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                    @jku131
                                    The resistors connected in series to chip DATA lines are 33 Ohms, PULL-UPS are 3.3k and the one for CS is 10k. Use picture as reference.
                                    It looks like elements on motherboard are good. I flashed back bios backup and after running it in x240 I read it again and it changed. So its looks like motherboard is able to communicate with this, but i dont know why its not booting and modifying bios.
                                    Diff: https://pastebin.com/0d4VxNDd in backup i have "ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff" after running it its changed. What may be causing it not working?

Comment

I have a T440p with a supervisor PW. I've never done any sort of BIOS modding before, I'm planning on getting one of these off Amazon. However unsure of what to do with it after, is there I thread I can read before proceeding with this tool?

Comment

Originally posted by mp3boy View Post
                                        Plenty of success with other models using this patcher but the Lenovo Yoga 12 has me scratching my head...

I successfully dumped and patched a Yoga 12 i5-4200 model, using the 4mb chip (furthest from CPU). However I'm not sure if I mixed up the boards and this one didn't actually have a password. Screen went black entering BIOS, I went through the keypresses anyway, when I flashed back to stock there was no password. Will check again tomorrow as I have one more passworded 4200 here.

The i5-5200 model won't work in autopatcher, file "is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump." Checked with UEFITool, it loads and looks ok.

I tried flashing the patched 4200 file onto the 5200 but it wouldn't boot. Reflashed the 5200 dump, laptop works fine (with password).

BIOS content also seems to change on every reboot, (dump has a different md5sum) but I can always get 2 matching dumps.

Tried again after updating to the latest BIOS (newdump.rar attached) - same issue.

File attached if anyone could take a look please.
                                        Patch not work for yoga 12 5200.

not find solution for this, I think it's on SIO.
                                        I have many mainboard of yoga 12 5200 with PW, not had time to test
                                        Last edited by Maxpower3; 07-25-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by t440p_whisperer View Post
                                          I have a T440p with a supervisor PW. I've never done any sort of BIOS modding before, I'm planning on getting one of these off Amazon. However unsure of what to do with it after, is there I thread I can read before proceeding with this tool?
                                          you will especially have to train yourself to unsolder the bios,
                                          Don't use the clip, you risk having a corrupted reading and know use the programmer

Comment

Working...
                                          X