Corsair TX-750 problem with finding component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corsair TX-750 problem with finding component

Hello guys i have opened a dead Corsair psu and i found a burned ic with 7 pins. Because i can't find any schematics for this PSU ,I said to ask a question here. Thanks in advanced!
    Attached Files

Re: Corsair TX-750 problem with finding component

I have a Corsair CS750M and it uses a TNY278pn. Im not sure if its the same. Maybe you can check the datasheet and see if it fits.

Usually, when those components explode, it means there is something in short...

On the side of the big capacitor there is a resistor that seems to be broken. Did you checked that?

Comment

First of all thanks for the fast reply, i appreciate that! No i did not see that but i needed to find first the ic and then watch around the board for other component defects. Hmm you mean the little one next to the rectifier capacitor?(big one) do you know the value for this too?

Comment

victorcas Do you have a schematic diagram for your PSU?

Comment

The top of the ic was likely still in the case somewhere, did you check? Check the trace side of the board, if it is a TNY278pn, pins 5~8 (source) are connected together.
          Last edited by R_J; 11-06-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

IIRC, I have a later TX (TX850M) with much better cap choices.

IIRC, that one doesn't look better than a later CX, cap-wise.
            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-07-2021, 01:11 AM.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by johnis82 View Post
              First of all thanks for the fast reply, i appreciate that! No i did not see that but i needed to find first the ic and then watch around the board for other component defects. Hmm you mean the little one next to the rectifier capacitor?(big one) do you know the value for this too?
              No, I have no idea... It seems to be a 1/2W resistor with a 1% tolerance. It may be used for current measurement. The value is impossible to read. It looks something like "green - brown - ? - ? - brown". You can check it with a multimeter to see if it is actually broken.

Originally posted by johnis82 View Post
              victorcas Do you have a schematic diagram for your PSU?
              No. It is almost impossible to find a schematic of a modern power supply, especially the Corsair ones. I think the only way to find out the broken components is to compare it to another Corsair PSU.

That power supply seems to have a single layer PCB, so you can follow the traces and try to draw a schematic. With that, you might be able to find compatible components.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys i'll open it again and see if i can find anything.
                Thanks again for your time

Comment

Working...
                X