Gigabyte GA-6VX7B-4X failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GA-6VX7B-4X failure

Hi everyone, I have a Gigabyte 6VX7B-4X motherboard that is no longer posting. It gives 8 beeps when powered on. This code means video read/write error. It does this with or without a video card present. At first it only did this when an AGP video card was installed, PCI worked fine. I tried 3 know good AGP video cards and none work in this board. Now it gives 8 beeps at post regardless of there being a video card present or not. I have checked the voltages from the power supply to be sure, and they are all within tolerance. Power supply is tested and known good. This board has BIOS date of 2000, which lands it in the capacitor plague time period. No capacitors are visibly leaking or vented/bulging. I put this board away years ago and it was working fine, took it back out the other day and it stopped working. It has worked with PCI video cards intermittently. I have checked for bad solder joints as well with a jewelers loupe. Does anyone have any past experience with these boards? Any suggestions or advice?
Working...
X