HP Envy 27 B210 AIO All-In-One Boot Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Envy 27 B210 AIO All-In-One Boot Problem

Hello! I have a problem with 2 machines, exact same model same issue.

They are HP ENVY 27-b100 All-in-One Desktop, Model No.27 B210

On bootup, they give both led and speaker beeps together, 3 long and 4 shorter beeps.

The power supplies are original HP 200W, and i bought 2 replacement PSU's that give the same result

Ram has been tried with or without, same result, and also tried a CMOS reset

The main board is HP CONFIT L04815-601 L04815-001 tpc-t008-27 sch3730-6050a2960801-mb-01

From this page;

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06589940

3 Long, 4 Short
    The system board displays a power failure (crowbar)

1 Reduce to minimum config (CPU, Main-Board, PSU,
    Single memory DIMM) and isolate failed component.
    2 Reduce further if issue persists.
    3 Test known good PSU.
    4 Replace affected component.
    5 If unable to confirm source, replace CPU, Main-Board, PSU.

So it seems the board has some issue, and it seems that it happens often, both units i have do exactly the same.

Anyhow can help with this ? thanks
    Attached Files

Re: HP Envy 27 B210 AIO All-In-One Boot Problem

Would it be possible that my issue is a bios related issue, corruption or similar ?

Comment

Anyone ? Thanks

Comment

Typically for similar symptoms on Dell motherboards, there's an auxiliary power rail that's not present like DDR_Vtt on DIMMs. Reflashing BIOS would be the easiest start but typically those beep codes are pretty accurate

Comment

So you mean that's really a power rail failure on the board, a component that failed ? I don't know where to start..

Comment

Yep, probably a missing power rail during the power up sequence. What I normally do is measure resistance to ground of each coil, hopefully finding a short. Note that low resistance on coils near the CPU is to be expected (like 2 ohms or more). What you are looking for is a dead short on 3.3/5/1.05/1.2V rail.

Unlikely to be a BIOS issue, you can try a CMOS reset by disconnecting the CR2032 battery and shorting the pins. Obviously do this with no power present.

Comment

Ok thank you. But how do i identify/find where are the rails to check without schematics ?

Comment

Hello. Anyone can give a tip on where to start on these? Thanks.

Comment

I looked around the board and couldnt find anything visually, or checking everything i could with the meter. Here are pictures of the board, maybe some could chime in.. Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by cheebster View Post
                      Anyone ?
                      Post the exact resistance measurements to ground of all the large grey square coils, on both sides of the board.Mark them on your pictures
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

With a fluke 115 set in ohm mode auto, i get all readings in MegaOhms and fluctuating either up or down. is that normal ? On each coil.

Comment

Anyone can help on this one ? Stuck with these 2 with the same symptom and can't fix them. I've tried poking around with the meter, but i would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-27-2023, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X