Gigabyte B450M DS3H Rev.1.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte B450M DS3H Rev.1.x

Got hold of this motherboard which seems bricked and I'd like to find (and repair) the faulty bit.

It won't get to POST at all. No images on screen and no beeps from the speaker I attached

what works after pressing power switch:
    - CPU fan spins
    - Audio Noise Guard (yellow LED) is lit
    - power LED is lit

I tend to think it is some hardware failure also because BEFORE pressing power switch, when the PSU is powered:
    - Video output is somewhat present (screen detects some signal/voltage from HDMi cable)
    - All USB ports have some power.
    - it is not possible to switch the board off keeping the power button pressed (after some seconds the LEDs starts blinking)

What I tried:
    - different CPUs, GPUs/APUs, PSUs and RAM (sticks and slots).
    - different BIOS versions (all flashed with flashrom v1.2 via CH341a on MX25U12835F)
    I have a backup of the BIOS that was on the chip if is of some use.

Any idea is welcome
    Last edited by Niemand; 04-24-2023, 11:10 AM.

Re: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Rev.1.x

might have to add the CPU gets slowly warm after pressing the power switch.
    power at the wall socket in this state is about 35W (with 2200G APU; 85+ gold PSU).
    Obviously no sign of bad caps, burnt components or other directly visible malfunction.

if someone could help in a way or the other, it will be much appreciated.
    also the board schematics could be useful.

I attached the dump of the BIOS together with the clean one downloaded from Gigabyte. (version 50)
    there are some differences (as if the original BIOS has stored track of the malfunction).
    TIA
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-25-2023, 05:43 AM. Reason: bios removed,not the bios requests section !!!

Comment

Ok uploaded BIOS has been removed... although it was NOT a BIOS request. (two files were there to help pinpoint the hardware failure)
      Nevermind.

Comment

Gigabyte has 2 bios chip. Swap them and try

Comment

Working...
        X