MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC wont post no debug lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC wont post no debug lights

Wondering if anyone could offer any help with this motherboard I have acquired. The board apparently had a BIOS update and then wouldn't POST. I have tried several USB Bios Flashback attempts and also removed the BIOS chip and reprogramed it with a CH314a. Both haven't done changed anything. The board turns on the CPU light turns on then off. CPU gets hot like normal. If RAM or CPU removed then the corresponding light will light up. However the VGA and BOOT lights will never light up.

Re: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC wont post no debug lights

The B450-era motherboards seem prone to failure. In my case, what looks like bad MOSFETs.
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 05-19-2023, 07:35 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

It means the code did not run complete...msi mobo got 4 led, cpu, ram ,vga,and boot.
      I guess your board stuck at cpu led....

Comment

Originally posted by anikin73 View Post
        It means the code did not run complete...msi mobo got 4 led, cpu, ram ,vga,and boot.
        I guess your board stuck at cpu led....
        It will get stuck at the CPU LED if there is no cpu installed. If a CPU is installed the board behaves as normal with the CPU light on then going off.

Comment

Originally posted by OsamaObama View Post
          It will get stuck at the CPU LED if there is no cpu installed. If a CPU is installed the board behaves as normal with the CPU light on then going off.
          What CPU does it have. Have you read the bios release notes for CPU compatibility

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            What CPU does it have. Have you read the bios release notes for CPU compatibility

Ryzen 5 3600 which is known to work. I have attempted flashing the latest bios several times which should support the CPU.

Comment

Working...
            X