I am looking for a comparable 3D video card HP Elite 8300 computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking for a comparable 3D video card HP Elite 8300 computer

What video card can I get for this computer what limitation does the CPU have concerning video card and memory size on the video card

I am exploring what I use on this computer I do not much experience with doing this type of matching video card to motherboards

Any help suggestions would greatly be appreciated
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: I am looking for a comparable 3D video card HP Elite 8300 computer

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
    What video card can I get for this computer what limitation does the CPU have concerning video card and memory size on the video card

I am exploring what I use on this computer I do not much experience with doing this type of matching video card to motherboards

Any help suggestions would greatly be appreciated
    Is it the SFF, Desktop, or Mini-tower?

Which CPU does it have? (HP's specs list 2nd gen intel, but that could be anything from a bottom of the barrel Pentium barely capable of anything these days, to a still fairly decent sandy-bridge I7), granted since an I7-2600 goes for around $25 these days it is a fairly cheap upgrade if you have one of the "lower-end" CPUs.

In the SFF and desktop you're limited to half-height cards so you're pretty much limited to stuff like the GT1030, RX550, GTX1650, and RX6400 (and the 230w PSU in SFF would make the GTX1650 a bit dicey with an I5/I7).

The mini-tower gives you allot more options since it supports full-height cards, though the 320w proprietary PSU and no 6/8-pin PCI-E connector is still somewhat limiting. If you want to mess with SATA to PCI-E adapters (not really great since all the SATA power goes through the motherboard on those HPs) you could theoretically run something like a gtx1060 or even RTX3050 (anything more than that would likely be bottlenecked by the CPU anyhow, even with an I7) though a GTX1050/GTX1050TI, or the previously mentioned GTX1650 or RX6400 would likely be better options since they don't require external power.

Of course the use case matters as well, if all you want to do is play HD/1440p/4K video a GT1030 is fine, while the RX6400/GTX1650 will allow for low to medium settings at 1080p on many modern games (and fairly high settings on stuff that is 5+ years old),and the GTX1060/RTX3050 are still both pretty competent on modern titles at least at 1080p assuming they're paired with sufficient ram and a decent CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by dmill89 View Post
      Is it the SFF or Desktop
      I was thinking about getting desktop computers for this motherboard because right now it is a SFF version

But before I was going to go down this path I wanted to know what my options are I will try to get you the information about the CPU specifications later on today

Thank you for your reply
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

In addition to the CPU, what do you want to do with this computer? The SFF case requiring low-profile cards will limit your options, but there are still some decent options for video playback or CAD stuff.

Comment

I was thinking about getting desktop computers for this motherboard because right now it is a SFF version
          I wouldn't bother, even if you could fine a case that will fit that board if you're going to buy anything Dell OptiPlex 790s and 7010s can be had for <$50 shipped on eBay (and likely cheaper if you can find one locally) and these use standard ATX power supplies (Dell didn't go to proprietary PSUs until 4th gen intel "i" series) giving you allot more options for upgrades (of course the towers give you the most options).

If you stick with the current system, an RX6400 (low-profile of course) is about the most powerful thing it could realistically take, though if you just need something for video playback and possibly some CAD a GT1030 should do for about half the price, I probably wouldn't bother with a gt730/710 as there is only a slight price savings over a gt1030 (unless you get one for free or something) and a pretty significant hit to performance.

With any of these though you'll need a minimum of an I5 and 8GB ram (an I7 and 16GB would be better) to take full advantage of them. DDR3 ram is also stupid cheap these days with new 16GB kits going for <$20 so there isn't a reason to skimp on these either.

Comment

I would love to use a Dell computer however I can not find restore disk like I can for the HP Elite 8300 because I want to have it like it was new but I am all for it but I am wanting a series that was used for business purposes not ones for home use I find that they are better quality

I found this on EBay is this a good price for what the seller is offering

I also found this for reinstallation disk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25604040776...Bk9SR7y_pIWRYg

Are these two items a good combination choice for what I am wanting to do
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-04-2023, 04:01 PM.
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
              In addition to the CPU, what do you want to do with this computer? The SFF case requiring low-profile cards will limit your options, but there are still some decent options for video playback or CAD stuff.
              The on board video card is nothing to talk about I also have bought a video card for dual monitors and this one is only slightly better for what I wanting to do

The video card that is on board is works great with the battery testing machine software and shows the graphics very well

But trying to use windows 3D builder is a hole another story randomly freezing or just crashing some time recoverable sometimes not recoverable

I wanting to just get a older computer to just good enough to be able to run the program without freezing or crashing and having to start over again just to get back to where you were when you were having the issue

This is just a computer that I want to use in my new work shed I just need for making miner changes to a cad drawing

I have a new gaming desktop computer but I do not want to use it in the shed I spent too much money on to use it like that this is the computer that I using to create the 3D drawing
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-04-2023, 04:14 PM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I would love to use a Dell computer however I can not find restore disk like I can for the HP Elite 8300 because I want to have it like it was new but I am all for it but I am wanting a series that was used for business purposes not ones for home use I find that they are better quality

I found this on EBay is this a good price for what the seller is offering

I also found this for reinstallation disk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25604040776...Bk9SR7y_pIWRYg

Are these two items a good combination choice for what I am wanting to do
                If you go with an SFF there isn't much of an advantage of the Dell over an HP. While the Dell will have a standard 24-pin ATX connector vs the proprietary connector on the HP, the PSU is still a non-standard size, only the mini-tower is going to provide much of an advantage.

Something like this would be a better option unless you need an SFF/Desktop form-factor: https://www.ebay.com/itm/29570777977...Bk9SR9TS14iRYg

Given how cheap SSDs and DDR3 RAM are these days I also wouldn't pay a premium for a system that already has 16GB of RAM and an SSD.

That Dell disc should be fine to re-install windows if you must have an "official" install (note these usually come with bloat-ware, though it usually isn't as bad on business systems), but otherwise you can just download the install images from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 and Windows 10 will install on anything with a 7/8/8.1 key. In most cases Windows 10 will install the appropriate drivers automatically, and you can generally get them from the PC manufacture's web site if needed.

This is what the inside of an SFF OptiPlex 790 looks like:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X