Need Help Identifying Component on Razer Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Identifying Component on Razer Mouse

I have a Razer Naga 2012 mouse that stopped working and so I opened it up to try to figure out the issue (I've done this with a few other of my Razer Naga 2012s and have succesfully repaired them) This one stumped me and after going over it again and again I realized that the motherboard was missing a component.

There are no identifying marks on the component itself, but next to it on the board it says "L3" Anyone have any ideas on what this component might be or how I can figure out what it might be? Going to try to find a replacement and solder it in myself. Wish me luck!
    Attached Files

Re: Need Help Identifying Component on Razer Mouse

A coil. Replace it first with a wire, see if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by modoran View Post
      A coil. Replace it first with a wire, see if it works.
      Wow, it worked :p Now the search starts for that coil, unless I'm able to just bridge the connection with solder and move on with my life lol. Thanks for the input modoran!

Comment

coil is just for voltage filtration. u can use literally any coil that fits

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
          coil is just for voltage filtration. u can use literally any coil that fits
          Good to know! Thanks everyone for the input. Been doing a lot of googling and reading.

Comment

Most likely an SMD ferrite bead on the 5V input, it filters out high frequency noise. May not be critical in this specific case, and since the current should be low anything will probably do.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              Most likely an SMD ferrite bead on the 5V input, it filters out high frequency noise. May not be critical in this specific case, and since the current should be low anything will probably do.

I ended up just soldering a bridge and have been using the mouse all day with no issues...yet...

Comment

Working...
              X