• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verify this image

Attached Files
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Re: Verify this image

The nerd in me actually started looking for red-red-brown combos.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

...and if you get it right, you're assumed to be a bot?
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

it's no less anoying than being asked to identify all the bikes/buses/trafic signals

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          it's no less anoying than being asked to identify all the bikes/buses/trafic signals
          Still nothing compared to those God-awful "puzzle" type checks! Those are THE worst!

Comment

Originally posted by em132 View Post
            Still nothing compared to those God-awful "puzzle" type checks! Those are THE worst!

That's what we use. If I switch to google's recaptcha, we get over-run in spam bots in less than 24hrs.
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              I always found it scary that we are counting on computers to drive for us but they can't identify stop signs, traffic lights, or school busses....

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                That's what we use. If I switch to google's recaptcha, we get over-run in spam bots in less than 24hrs.
                Yes, I know. Hence the

I was j/k.

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerB View Post
                  I always found it scary that we are counting on computers to drive for us but they can't identify stop signs, traffic lights, or school busses....
                  computers are very smart, they target police pre-emptivly before they can be pulled over!
                  did you read about the tesla's ramming police cars? they are atracted to blue flashing lights for some mysterious reason!

Comment

LOL at the image in 1st post.

Another one, if I may suggest: maybe a picture with a PSU with some blown caps and then ask the user to pick out which squares show/have bad caps in them.

OR ... OR ... Or...

1 picture with all kinds of different bad blown caps and then ask the user to identify all that are Fuhjyyu, or Teapo, or whatever other brand.

Come to think of it, that would be a good training for all the newcommers to see if they can spot bad caps in their hardware.

Originally posted by em132 View Post
                    I imagine only the phone users or people with modern laptops with a crappy "clunk pad" would hate these.
                    On a desktop with a proper mouse, these are mostly a breeze.

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    Ouch.

That said, I'm surprised how they get past the one BCN has. It's not hard or easy, but damn... damn bots are figuring it out! Or perhaps it's real people making an account for a bot?

Either way, I try to mark/report spam ASAP when I see it here. I hate it when a spambot digs up an old thread, and then people get confused why some thread from 2003 is back up to the top, lol. At least it's easy to see in email if I'm subscribed to the thread - the message gets all converted to text, so spam links stand out (vs. being hidden as a dot or some other character/word.)
                    Last edited by momaka; 06-03-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I hate them or at some of them because you will click on the pictures that it asking for then the image change again to the same thing it is asking for RELLAY I do not see the point of having them anyway now the ones that to me are mathematically questions are somewhat annoying to because it not one but might be several of them before you can move on
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply
                      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

that is fake...

Comment

Originally posted by kaka9999 View Post
                          that is fake...
                          Of course it is??? Its a joke?

Though Google's recaptcha can't be any worse than this god-awful thing i had to do today.

Took me three tries to get it, due to the weird instructions mixed with it not working properly.

God i hate hcaptcha
                          Attached Files
                          I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by RukyCon View Post
                            Of course it is??? Its a joke?

Though Google's recaptcha can't be any worse than this god-awful thing i had to do today.

Took me three tries to get it, due to the weird instructions mixed with it not working properly.

God i hate hcaptcha
                            That's not difficult, apparently you only had to count the legs of the star, so the correct answer is the image of the 6-pointed star.

Comment

Working...
                            X