Synology DS415+ chip programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synology DS415+ chip programming

I have a shorted EPM240T100C5N chip on the motherboard of this device but it appears that the chip needs to be programmed. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this for the Synology DS415+?

Re: Synology DS415+ chip programming

Also be interested in knowing this, for future refs, similar prob as yours the chip protecting the power supply to motherboard has possibly shorted, so looking to get a replacement chip, I have posted about it on here as well in same section as you.

I have another project (not nas released) with a bios chip that I want to reprogram and this will have to be reprogrammed itself…

Comment

search for a datasheet for the chip and see if it can protect itself from being read out.
      find out what programmers support it.
      try to find a dump
      good luck

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        search for a datasheet for the chip and see if it can protect itself from being read out.
        find out what programmers support it.
        try to find a dump
        good luck
        I found the datasheet but I don't understand what you mean by "protect itself from being read out" and "protect" doesn't yield any search results in the datasheet. Is there a technical term for it?

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...248716b21b.pdf

Comment

do you have the code to put in it?

Comment

do you have the code to put in it?
            As in the programming code specific to the motherboard that needs to be flashed? No I don't. Sorry, I didn't make that clear in the post.

Comment

then you need to either beg sinology for it or read a working chip.
              but on page63 is this:
              All MAX II devices contain a programmable security bit that controls access to the
              data programmed into the CFM block. When this bit is programmed, design
              programming information, stored in the CFM block, cannot be copied or retrieved.
              so if you buy the hardware and grab the quartus software(it's free) you still may not be able to read the chip

Comment

then you need to either beg sinology for it or read a working chip.
                but on page63 is this:

so if you buy the hardware and grab the quartus software(it's free) you still may not be able to read the chip
                Thanks, really great info, appreciate it very much.

So am I correct in thinking that I would need to buy one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295742928752

and then buy another DS415+ unit that has this chip on, remove the chip, solder it onto the Max II programmer I just linked and then I could read it (if that protection bit isn't set) using the Intel Quartus software, then dump it back onto a new chip via the Max II programmer?

Comment

i think you can read it on the board - it probably has the programming pins running to a connector for factory use.
                  but yes - if it's unprotected you would read a working one and then write the data to a replacement.

Comment

i think you can read it on the board - it probably has the programming pins running to a connector for factory use.
                    but yes - if it's unprotected you would read a working one and then write the data to a replacement.
                    Great info, thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X