Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How NOT to replace a water heater!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2prbMRm8fkg

Isn't that smoke pipe nice??? Not enough rise with the new unit(taller) and there's a patched hole in the chimney! Should be entering chimney thru the hole directly above the new heater, dumbass...

More labor and material to patch chimney and snake that flue around into the wye after the furnace...

Just because you can "throw pipes together" doesn't mean ya should- Steve Lav oughta "swat" that hack for being "stuck on stupid."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsjW90PlYoc
    "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
    Originally posted by shango066
    All style and no substance.
    Originally posted by smashstuff30
    guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
    guilty of being cheap-made!

Re: How NOT to replace a water heater!!!

Isn't flex code in most jurisdictions?
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Re: How NOT to replace a water heater!!!

You can thank government efficiency standards for the tanks being larger than before... the status quo of all tanks being the same size was broken.

Not sure what the best solution is. Even a newer house without a brick chimney would run into the same issue.

It seems the residential codebook indicates the flue pipe must rise a quarter inch for every foot. This seems very low it's less than 2° (!) I'm surprised that even works...

I had a new water heater installed recently and fortunately the vent flue was low enough but even it I was a bit surprised. It rises about a foot for that 5 ft length for a 11° angle...

Comment

Working...
      X