what type of solder should i use ??? and soldering iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what type of solder should i use ??? and soldering iron

what type of solder shoud i use and is weller a good soldering iron?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Re: what type of solder should i use ??? and soldering iron

good old 60/40 solder is good but recommend 0.8mm diameter.

weller is an easy available brand and not crap. a 60-80W grounded analog soldering station is recommended with a standard tip at 450oC
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I recently bought a Hakko 936 50 watt esd safe soldering station with standard iron for A$165 plus freight. High quality and great unit on regular PCB joints, but when it comes to joints which rest in large copper landmasses, the heat reserves just aren't there to do the job - peroid.

Temperature controlled is ideal, but is clear from my experience that you need something with more power and better heat reserves while still featuring a fine conical tip similar in profile to a pencil when sharpened for precision work .

I suspect that you would have to outlay quite a bit of money to get this in a temperature controlled station though and this may not be justified by your circumstances.

Comment

We bought a Hakko soldering iron and i was told that it isn't very good, weller is better. we completed our first motherboard this past weekend it look nice, but the soldering iron was hard to get the job done with! Hopefully in the future i can use a weller soldering iron.

Comment

ok I altered the FAQ concerning hakko.
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
          X