Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faulty 42LG3000 Help!

Originally posted by danjcarr1 View Post
    I tired it on 2k and 20k. I have tried taking a reading from an inverter that i know works from another tv and i am getting a reading from that. Just not from either of the two inverter boards for this tv. Dan
    Which of the two pins on each side were you probing... did you try different ones?

Can you plug your TV into a computer and generate a flat white image, then use this to see if any dim bar appears on the screen? If it does this could indicate a bad bulb.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I did try different ones. What is the best way to generate a flat white image?
      Then I will try that.

Thanks Dan

Comment

Originally posted by danjcarr1 View Post
        I did try different ones. What is the best way to generate a flat white image?
        Then I will try that.

Thanks Dan
        MS Paint in full screen could work.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok thanks will try that then report back.

Comment

I dont know if you have read the thread but we have struggled with this set before.
            Eventually had to measure all pins but never bottomed out what the problem was or heard if it got fixed or not. If you look at the last post it says which pins on the inverter transformers gave a reading.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=42lg3000
            Last edited by selldoor; 07-19-2012, 09:09 AM.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Yeah I did have a read through it. So hopefully I can fix it and post how I did it. Must admit that this forum is very helpfull.

Dan

Comment

I managed to find the fault and fix it if anyone is interested

Comment

How'd you fix it?

Comment

Faulty ccfls inside this panel are very common causing problems with the inverters.

Posting the fix is why we are here. I have repaired several of these panels and it would be nice to know what you found that I have not seen yet.

Also that should be a 42lg30-ua using an au-optronics panel.

The 42lg30 uses the better panel and better inverter.
                    Last edited by cadiman; 09-14-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

You be good if this is correct fix, how do i test the ccfl's.

Comment

You can tell by looking at them. You will see burn spots on the inside of the bulb (ccfl)

Comment

I was not sure where to post this so I did it twice.

Comment

I'm dealing with the same issue, right now. Could you let me know how you fixed yours?

Comment

I found a faulty ceramic capacitor on the one of the boards that the ccfls are connected too. It had burnt out completely and was visibly damaged. Replacing it brought the set back to life.

Comment

Useful info, thanks for sharing.

Comment

hye, i have the same problem: i can't find the fault on tv wich is 42LG3000-ZA.AEU. When i try to power-up the image is white bu the sound is fine. After 1-2 or many hours the image appear on the screen. I replace the t-con module but is the same. Some people sad the panel is broken.
                                  Any ideeas?
                                  Thanks in advance...............

Comment

took TWO YEARS for danjcar1's response.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-15-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

OK, but he have black screen, my screen is white, ok, no problem finally i resolve that, i put on the left side corner some sponge and all problems disappeared.
                                      Now yhe tv its ok. I found the solution on the YOUTUBE.
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcqxtYFsgE
                                      GOOD LUCK.

Comment

My customers LG 42LG3000 sets picture was cutting out after 30 secs. In my cold workshop it stayed on for ages but I can see 3 faint lines across screen where - I assume - the ccfl tubes are low emission. Are these tubes available. Thanks

Comment

(kicking up older thread) Found 5 broken ccfl tubes on mine. causing it to turn of after a few seconds on high backlight. will stay on 15% tho.. anyone knows where to find those for a nice price ? or a rebuilt to lcd kit ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X