Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio P-Series 4K tv with temporary sound and no picture P652ui-B2

Originally posted by kca View Post
    Two hours, but it was a fascinating read yes?!?

Glad the post helped you to fix yours. Is it still up and running?

~ kca
    Glad you asked. As a matter of fact, the Vizio had trouble free operation for only about 5 hours total over a couple of days. Then it started having "glitches". First the picture went out, with sound still, but this time is was not totally black, but the whole screen looked like "blooming" if you know what blooming is on a uhdtv. Well, I thought it was hopefully just a one time hiccup, but not to be. Then the next day the screen froze. The image froze on the screen, and the tv would not turn off. I had to unplug the tv then plug it back in. Screen freezes started getting more frequent over the next several days. Then the tv started turning itself off and back on. I turned off CEL or CEO or whatever it is in the tv settings but it did not fix that. Then one day I got horizontal bars across the entire screen. More glitches, etc. But.. every time these things happened and I unpluged the tv then pluged it back in the picture comes up perfect everytime.

To me, this does actually seem like it may be a corrupt memory problem with the eeprom. I ordered an eeprom for the set from ShopJimmy. I didn't check with them to make sure the thing is pre-programmed. It better be pre-programmed. I got it in the mail today. I plan on replacing it this Sunday.

The thing about this TV is this, I really wanna save this TV. I could buy another 50" UHD TV for like $500 no problem really, but the Vizio I have right now is perfect. It's got 5.. read 5... HDMI ports, all of which I have been using with 5 devices that need an HDMI port. It's got a component port, which I also have something hooked into that. It's got an analogue audio output, which I did use a lot in the past for hooking the TV up to my old cabinet stereo system. You can't even get a new TV these days with 5 HDMI ports, only 4 max, most selling with only 3 HDMI ports. And NO current new TV's have component ports, and deff no analogue audio out. Yeah, you can get a powered HDMI hub switch and plug all your HDMI cables into the HUB and switch them, but it's a PITA. Same for the component port and the analogue audio out. But that's more and more crap to hook up and have laying around everywhere. And before I bought this TV I researched LED lit tvs and got this one because it has FULL ARRAY LED lighting and not "edge lit". I saw so many edge lit TV's on display that had clouding in the corners of the TV screen. A full array lit LED set is lit from corner to corner, edge to edge, like a TV screen should be. No crappy clouded corners on the screen. I don't know if you can even get full array back lit LED TV's anymore. This TV had an awesome picture, best picture of any TV I ever owned in my life, AND everything I needed for ports and hookups. This is why I want to save this TV. I would be willing to pay up to like $200 to have the thing fixed rather than get a new one that I"m not totally happy with. So that's my thing with this TV.

One last thing. If I do wind up getting a new "smart" TV I will not be connecting it to the internet. I got a suspicion that the Chinese TV manufacturers could be sabotaging their own TV's with "updates" to "retire" them and make you buy a new one. And if you do buy a new one of a different brand, you will not be punishing the manufacturer of your old TV by buying a different brand for your new TV. ALL brands are made in communist China. All the funds from TV sales are enriching the communist govt of China, no matter which brand you buy. The ChiComs got a lock on the monopoly.

BTW, how about yours? How long did your baked board last?
    Last edited by Toddo; 09-04-2020, 09:49 PM.

Comment

KCA,

Sorry for the spotty responses, I don't always check bad caps daily and sometimes when it gets busy a month or two can go by.
      Glad to hear you got your set back up and running.
      We were able to fix close to 100 sets of P552ui-B2 an P652ui-B2 by doing main board repairs, and can also confirm that so far not a single one of the sets had panel issues.

The set may sometimes look to be a bad panel, however that will not be the case with these 2 models. They seem to be well designed and not fail. One way to do a quick check/confirm is to disconnect the TV from power, heat up the processor chips located underneath the heatsinks, (don't need to remove heatsinks) and to power it back on. If it allows your set to properly display the picture temporarily, then you have confirmed your main board is the issue. If the picture didn't come back or if the lines are still present however, it is entirely possible you did not heat up the chip enough or that the failure is severe enough that heating up won't be enough to allow the board to temporarily work.
      These heatsinks are big so we will heat up the chips for about 30 seconds a piece with the heatsink attached. If that doesn't do it the first time, we repeat the process for another 20 seconds.

A bad main board can manifest itself as vertical lines on half or all of the screen. This is still a main board failure even though most often with other TV's that is usually a panel related failure.
      Don't throw these TV's out because you think it's a bad panel, replace the main board first or fix it!

Comment

Hey just wondering if the eeprom chip replacement on the main board solved issues as a permanent solution? I have a P65-E1 and put the main board in the oven for about 8 mins and the TV works now but only for a few minutes at a time. I even put a few fans with the back cover off to see if cooler temp would help but no avail.

How can one repair this main board if you can't find a replacement part?

Comment

I would say that maybe you should try to bake it again for a little longer. I would try 11-12 minutes at 385 degrees. Make sure you keep it elevated off the oven rack or pan. I just roll up 4 balls of aluminum foil and place them underneath the four corners of the board so that the whole thing sits up about an inch off of a baking pan that I have underneath.

Comment

Hey guys thought id chime in,
            I got this set for free from my friend was gonna toss it out less then a year old, 50" Vizio 4K UHD model number D50u-D1 V series Smart TV. I have done the oven bake trick to the X box and a few GPU'S Ive had, so Today I found this(wasn't about to read it all). So I opened mine up nothing to lose, took about an hour to get the heat sinks off it and clean off the TIM'S(all dried up). Cooked it at 400 for 11 minute's, put it out side to cool it off, new thermal paste applied boom started right up to the Vizio logo.
            Working, less then a year old 50" 4K UHD Smart TV. CHEERS! GUYS!!!
            Attached Files
            X99 5930K
            X99-gaming 9
            EVGA 1080 Vanilla
            Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
            SSD'S
            Corsair AX1200

Comment

This is short lived. Baking is not a permanent fix and will last a few hrs to a few weeks if your lucky.

Comment

Working...
              X