This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi my name is paperino and I'm Italian. I'm 54 years old and. I found this forum very nice and helpfull and I hope to get help when I need and to help people in troubble

Comment

Hello. Great forum, been reading it for years. I finally decided to sign up to participate. My first hobby is drag racing, but its come along way and electronics have become a big part of what we do. We see a lot of failures due to vibration and abuse.

Thanks for having a great site (resource)!

Comment

Long ago, I don't think I would have been interested in repairing capacitors on my monitor (I picked up an Acer AL2017 A from a dumpster, where the backlight would turn off after 1 second).

I'm here to learn how to repair it.

Comment

Hi, lots of good info here. And now i can see the pictures too!!!

Comment

Hey folks, the name is Steve. I am happy to have found this excellent forum. Hoping I can learn a bit here..have broad DIY experience from cars to appliances to computers. If it's electronic or has a motor, I'm not afraid to take it apart and break it worse or fix it, whichever comes first.

Comment

I am michael442, I am self taught in electronics, I am a retired electrician from the IBEW local 1. I have a nack for for fixing things, anything,from lawn mowers to televisions. I'm outgoing,used to be very active but am happy to be busy now.I love horseshoes and troubleshooting electronics

Comment

I'm michael442. I am self taught in electronics. I'm a retired electrician of the IBEW Local 1. I've been repairing things my whole life, from lawn mowers to cars to anything electronic. I went from being very active in martial arts and yoga ,bowling, working at the gym, to just being happy to do anything. I had to retire because of a disability. Now I play a lot of horseshoes, and do my share of troubleshooting and repair from my home.It's keeping me pretty busy. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to post. I still haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Hi all!
                  My name is Oran and I like fixing things. I primarily work on computers, but I've been taking apart anything and everything for 30 years. This forum has been a great help to me as I delve deeper into TV repair. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Hey name is Jamie and I have a problem,I like to climb into E-waste bins and rescue computers and Flat panels from their ultimate fate of destruction.

Comment

Good Day to all of you. joining to do some mining of larger brains as I am retired and need a hobbby. I work on laptops, tablets, and watches mechanical and electronic, and am currently working on a DEAD DV1000. Do these have a fusable link on the MB? Again, hello to everyone

Comment

Hello everybody. I m a newbie here. I' m not technician but just an ameuter hoping to learn something from all the masters here. I m crazy abt hifi. At times, thinking of doing something modifcation to my system to make it sounds better. I believe joining this forum is fun. It might allow me to pick some knowledges on how to kick start some diy projects.

Comment

Name Patricio Perez, 33 years
                          Birthday 25 January 1981
                          Santo Domingo Dominican Republic

Independient PC technician, always searching everything that is launched, to know how it works ins software and hardware, so when this equipments arrive here i know what recommend or not to the clients.

A electronics lover since born, always taking appart everything to see how it works, now a proud member of badcaps.net, that for many years helped me on many diagnostics and solutions, PC, laptops printers and many other things that I never could resolve myself without the knowlege that only here can be found.

Thank you very much for allowed me be a member of badacaps.net
                          Sorry, english is not my first language, is spanish since i´m from Dominican Republic.

Comment

Panasonic TC-P55GT30 Manufactured Oct.2011
                            Purchased new Mar.2012
                            Seven blinks of death Oct.2014

SC2 reads short.

Comment

Afternoon, all. Just registered to view some pictures in the Dell 2007wfp threads; working on a dead one here. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10658

-Kurt

Comment

i remember when virtual man was a stick figure on comodore 64 but he has evolved a lot.

Comment

Hello everyone......... badcaps forums helps alot of people...
                                  Thanks

Comment

Hi all, currently I am doing mech eng at uni and I find this stuff particularly interesting. Through membership I wish to gain experience in working with TVs .

Comment

Hi All.
                                      I'm a retired School Computer Network Manager and Physics Teacher and have always enjoyed dabbling in electronics. I hate to throw stuff out so when I found a solution to my dead monitor I was over the moon.
                                      Love this forum!!
                                      Greetings from Greystoner

Comment

Hi everyone.
                                        Well first of all I have to say that is amazing how this kind of communication unite us,despite of the distance,language,religion,politics,gender(man or woman)....etc.
                                        I know things about computers repairing not only my own PC at hardware and software level,but also when a friend or friend of that friend ask help and Im in the right position to give it.
                                        Despite that,in electronics im quite green,so for sure I will need all the brains around and all the possible patience that a person or human being can hold inside.
                                        Thanks to all.

Comment

hey all. Awesome site. I have had several sets fail in the past and have been able to fix with new power supplies or mainboards and saved myself a few bucks. They were LCD and LED. I have an old plasma I plan to ask a question about with a new thread hoping someone can confirm my theory with it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X