This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Newby here, trying to find a solution to my junk TV and googling led me to you guys!

Comment

Samsung TV-LN40A550. Open power board and seems I have good caps. But TV is On and OFF constantly. Any Help? Thanks.

Comment

Hey!
        Long time lurker, first time poster
        Looking to fix a few tv's up

Comment

i m from BiH, Visoko, 28.

Regards.

Comment

Hello my name is Randy .I am a 48 yr old So Californian .I'm married and our kids are all grown up and moved away.Anyhow I jointed forum for some basic information.At this very moment I am troubleshooting a Polaroid Flm 373b with no picture.I previously replaced 2 caps,well about 2 yrs ago.the T.V. has worked great .I started using it as a monitor for my laptop and it went out again.

Comment

Hey, I am arod from Memphis, TN USA. I have started scavenging broken televisions to fix them. I have a background in electrical engineering and flight simulators.

Comment

Hey – glad to be onboard. My first training was in the late 60's – and yes, that means most instruction was on vacuum tube circuits with just an intro into semi-conductors. Needless to say – things have come a long way! For obvious reasons, my main hobby over the years has remained 50's jukeboxes – there's just something about those glowing tubes! However, I still enjoy repairing my own more-modern equipment as well. Juke

Comment

Hello i am a new member want to introduce myself.
                  My name is Jan Linschoten i live in a small town called ijzendoorn in the middle of Holland I am 51 my Computer madness started with the com.64 after that i started to screw up al kinds of systems hehe because that is what you do in the beginning try to repair things but mostly you fail by lack of knowledge now many years later i know most motherboards and their good and bad sides but still keep learning

Comment

Hi, great forum and thanks in advance for the help.
                    I wonder why you have to use a digital meter, why won't my analog meter work?
                    There is a switch for negative DC voltages.

Comment

Hi,I'm a new member.I'm from Algeria and I'm an electronic engineer.More thanks.

Comment

Hi my name is Frank and I'm from PA. I heard about your site from a comment to a video I saw on Youtube regarding an issue I'm having with my television. I have a background in computers and like to tinker with electronics, especially computers. Look forward to posting and learning from you guys. Thanks!

Comment

Hi. I'm James and having trouble with my Panasonic Plasma. Please help!!!

Comment

good night to every one , and I want to say what a nice forum

one of my daughter friend give her this dell latitude e7440 computer a few weeks ago but the battery was dead so we had to buy a charger for it.we now discovered it has a bios password on it #78RQH12-1F66 CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH A PASSWORD PLEASE, TNANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Hi there my name is Robert and I live in the UK, I came across this forum by looking for some info on a repair I am working on at the moment, I used to work for a TV company here in England called Rediffusion back in the 1980’s wile I was a collage I repair just about anything that needs repairing, but mostly it laptops and SMD components with my stereo zoom microscope and also a lot DC sockets on laptops would like to improve my skills and learn so much more I have Been repairing laptops for about 3 years now and you be surprised how easy it gets most laptops I find are like roads and towns, (some of you know will know what I mean by that).
                              I have a small amount of test equipment, and an Hameq 203 oscilloscope which needs a bit of servicing, I am no expert but something’s are easy and some are hard, So in return I like say is that some time ago I came across a very handy website where you can down load just about any Pdf semantics and Manuals for free they cover quite a lot, Google s-manuals it and see, also another handy one Getting In To Deep, hope this will help the forum, best regards to you all glad to be here.
                              Regards
                              Robert

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel and I'm a mechanical engineer with electrical interests. Whenever i need to find information on troubleshooting electronics I come here. This website has helped me fix 2 TVs and a couple other small projects, so thank you all.

Comment

Hello. I'm Bmiller from AZ. I'm trying to view a .jpg to see if it is the cap I need. Thanks!

Comment

hello, came looking for info.

Comment

Apparently i have to say hello to everyone to be able to post so hello and i would like some help from any one who could so please my tv has quit on me an i need a little direction

Comment

hi punctuation not good, my name is dan diaz and I like to tinker in electronics. now that I am retired from the big 3 I have some time to play more. I respect people and there privacy. like the challenge of repairing lcd,led pc, power supply's so thank you for the invite to your community.

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Joe, I'm staring down the big five O, and have spent my life loving to bring things others have given up on "back from the dead", or at least breathe new life into things. My workshop is one of my favorite places to hang (usually by myself), and I love learning, as well as restoring.

I do most of my own mechanic work (although less as I get older - it's not as much fun as it used to be), refinishing (small antique appliances, or whatever) , I'll attempt a repair on almost anything... My wife talked me into getting an oven for the shop so I'd stop baking enamel on things in her kitchen

I'm a musician by trade, and an audiophile, and ever since I discovered an early 30's Remler tube radio in the basement as a kid, I've been fascinated by the magic those mysterious components bring into my world...

Tube tech friend gave me a few pointers last winter as I embarked on my first big re-cap: an early 70's SS Altec Lancing 8 channel powered mixer. Was it 70+ caps and 90+ carbon resistors later?, and enjoyed every minute of it!

So there you are; I'm no technician, just a grasshopper with a curious mind

Comment

Working...
                                          X