This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello i am dejan from Croatia, i have been here before but never registered until today, tons of great information here, i own an amatuer computer repair shop...

Comment

Hello. I've had an account here for awhile. Seems I've just remembered the password.

Comment

Greetings from Spain.
        I had a problem with my Sony Vaio VPCSA3L9E battery. I bough an OEM brand new one but problems continued (blinking battery led). I thought it would be a problem with the motherboard/dock MB but thanks to this forum I could take the measurements on it to discard a MB failure.
        Now the laptop is working again. I had to buy an original Sony battery...

Thanks to let me in!

Comment

Greetings from the UK.
          Looking to help you and you help me

Comment

ok let me in

Comment

Greetings from Minnesota. I'm hoping to repair a LCD I picked up.

Comment

Hi, greetings from the U.S. Virgin Islands. Interested in repairing a few tv's I got home.
                Thanks ! :-)

Comment

hi,greetings from spain
                  i made some laptops online courses but i do not have much experience with repairs.
                  i hope to get some help and help anothers with all i can
                  sorry for my english

Comment

Hello

Thanks for letting me join this forum. Im from the Philippines and also a newbie in laptop repair. Although I have lots of electronic background since my dad is an electronic technician. I was exposed to electronic and technical stuff since childhood so I am familiar with how those things work. I have learned a lot from repairing my laptops (and my friend's pcs, cellphones, etc.) I want to expand my knowledge about laptop repair and I got one major issue with my laptop which I will be needing all the help I can get from your responses and I thank you all in advance.

More power to Badcaps and all of its staff.

Comment

Hello, I'm Sam from Wisconsin. Yes home of the conservitively coached Green Bay Packers. I recently acquired an LG 50pa5500 that I am hoping to resore with a little help!

Comment

My name is Andy, a 30 year old electronic enthusiast/fixer of all things.

Working on opening a maker space in my small town to help fellow "nerds" and to mentor the "nerdlets"

Currently working on a sanyo tv which brought me across this site, and am excited to become a member of this group of folks!

Comment

Just joined after reading posts by R_J who was guiding someone to flash their Bios using a SPI programmer. I am in the same boat and need some help.

Comment

I'm new I have issues with an AMP for my car and need help with it.

Comment

Hi, I work with computers, but primarily higher level support and software (and automation), some hardware bits.
                              I'm currently repairing 3 displays with bad capacitor problems (or at least symptoms that include caps) and will be posting for help identifying at least one cap - and looking for advice on better replacement choices. It may be a day or two since there are a lot of threads with useful background info here. Thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone from Croatia. My name is Andrej and i have problems with my Samsung monitor, so i will need help from you guys. I will search forum, if i dont find anything i will open new thread!

Thanks, bye

Comment

I was hoping to find some advice on an LG TV that only turns on intermittently. Hopefully you guys on this forum can help.

Comment

OK this is my first attempt to post something on ANY forum.
                                    I'm 52 and consider myself a Jack of all trades (master of none). My first PC was a 286AT, 640kB RAM, CGA colour, 5 MB Hdd and a 360kB floppy drive - back in the mid 80's. I owned a PC repair company in South Africa and got involved with some programming. I have a degree in electrical engineering and WAS A+ and novell network certified.
                                    I use to tinker around with almost anything I could lay my hands on but then my wife cross my path and marriage and kids put some brakes on my tinkering. Glad to say I'm back and need to learn new technology fast.
                                    My tinkering include electronics and anything that burns fossil fuels. I am also playing with hydrogen/fuel cells and want to get a IC engine to run on pure water(still a dream)

Comment

Hey Badcap users! I've tried to fix about everything, and now I've found people that will help!

Comment

At the moment, I am hoping to fix my latest craigslist find, a Samsung UN46D6000, but I generally enjoy tinkering with electronics. The hobby started with picking up old laptops from the dump/recycling center, fixing them up and then generally losing interest in them... Working electronics are fun, but making them work is more fun. I am just now getting into the hardware fixes, but have re-flowed a few boards using my home oven. I would like to start taking a look into TV's because they are readily available and now I have a place to go to where people will know the answers to questions and are willing to help!

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. I've worked in IT for 30 years and have worked on my fair share of servers, nothing recent though, only older stuff. Now I have a TV problem and I'm looking for some help diagnosing the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                          X