This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, everyone. Whiskeyhill here, from Chicago. I'm not very technical in the electronic sense, but with the right advice I feel that I am competent. I work in the aviation/travel industry, and at home I believe in DIY whenever & wherever possible. Tonight the Mrs alerted me to a television issue, which I will elaborate on soon. Thank you for this.

Comment

Hi. Relatively new to this forum. I've been in the television production field for 40 years now, mostly network news and sports broadcasting. Spending most of the time in engineering, integration and maintenance. Been doing my own repairs since i was 15 as my father was the local electronics tech in town, which meant our own equipment didn't get fixed, so live and learn.

Comment

Hi all! LG LCD recently broke so I have been reading a lot of threads with the hope of finding some direction. What a great resource this forum is.

Comment

Howdy Everyone, my name is Jon and I have been lurking these forums for awhile now. I recently picked up a Sharp Aquos LC-810UN and have been using this forum to research a possible fix. Im glad to be here and enjoy learning about how these systems work.

Comment

Hello All!

Comment

Hello Everyone, I'm new and I have a Dell E6420 and I'm hoping I can get the BIOS unlocked. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears. Please send me a pm. thanks.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                just joined this marvelous forum. Everyone needs information today. Why? That's a discussion for different forum.
                Well, started running my small business leaving a „safety“ chair in my employer's office.
                Now repairing all king of electronics – This is actually what I have dreamed of the whole life.
                I have already picked up a lot from this forum.
                I live and run my small business in the Czech Republic in a little village called Nepolisy. I have spent nearly my whole life here from baby.
                Whish you all the best. Internet is great tool :-)

Good luck to all! Martin

Comment

Hello; François from Toulouse in France... Just want to ask a question.

Comment

Hey all, Mike from Cambridge, MA checking in. The resources in this forum are amazing.

Comment

Hi all from Spain
                      i work in pro audio for a 25 years repairing a lot of equipment in S.a.t. and freelance, now i repair vintage machines like studer, otari, neve, amek, neumann, etc…
                      well if any one need help with those equipment, only ask probably i can help.

Comment

Hello everybody. I am a retired engineer that likes to fix broken things. Have done a little hardware development, slung some code, but mostly ended up managing large system development projects.

Comment

I feel pretty small, after reading some introduction of certain people.
                          Im just some kid that likes to play with electronics(figuratively). Hope I will learn a lot here.

Comment

Hello , im new here. Im having monitor issues and i can clearly hear a hissing noise, so im thinking bad caps.

Comment

Hi: Just found this site as I look for information on repairing a Samsung Plasma TV model PN42A450P1D. It works perfectly other than displaying 6 vertical colored lines on the screen which run through the menu screen and are present on all input sources. I have tried a different main board and also data logic controller. Lines are still there. Thinking it my be the E-Buffer and F-Buffer???? Anyway, looks like a good site to get help from. Will spend a lot of time here I suspect.

Comment

Hi all. Ive been into computers for years and am very interested in getting into component repair.

Comment

Hi everione,
                                  my name is Ant,
                                  i discover this forum searching for a tip to repair my dell lcd and found many interesting discussions.
                                  Thanks to everyone who will share his knowledge.
                                  Bye

Comment

As requested/advised in my very first private message (received at activation of my profile on this wonderfully informative site), I will start with introduction(s). My name is Eric and I am currently attempting to repair my neighbors 7-9 year old 42 inch Magnavoz LCD Flat screen TV. After roaming the endless pages and dead ends to be found on the internet of lost dreams, I stumbled happily upon this site and to learn more registered. Thank you for the welcome..

Eric Gorman in Seattle WA

Comment

Hello to everybody!! My name is Konstantinos I ve been in computer repair since 10 years now. Your site is very interesting and helpful!!

Comment

Hi everybody, I'm a new member. I'm probably about to replace the CCFL on my vx2235wm monitor.
                                        Andrew. Yay!?

Comment

Hello folks - Greetings from Iceland. I am here searching for clues on how to fix amonitor (dell uh2311h). Seem to be a great forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X