This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Gizmo2 I am from Toronto Canada, can't remember when I was 50.

My story is very similar to many of you, my first computer was also an XT PC no HD at first, when I added a 20 meg HD to it, a lot of $$$s, felt like I had all the storage needed for the rest of my life.
    As the electronic servicing has been slowing down has been giving me more time for tinkering with things.
    Sounds like this Forum is a lot of fun, I am sure I will enjoy to be part of it.
    G2

Comment

Surreal

Hello! My name is SurrealMustard and I'm looking to post threads and learn how to fix my equipment (in fact, if you're reading this, feel free to stop by my thread if you know anything about fixing plasma flat panels) to get it working again.

Thank you for welcoming me.

Comment

Hello, found some interesting info on this forum, I was hoping you might be able to help me out too. Going to search around a bit before I post my own thread.

Comment

Hi,

I'm graham, joined for the exceptional knowledge base that this forum provides

Comment

Hello, my name is nathan i found this forum useful to help repair my video card

Comment

Greetings all,
              ProfX from Montana. Thanks for all the useful information here! D.

Comment

i have a vizio vp50hdtv20a with a samsung power supply pspf561a01a. light on front panel comes on with power up, but tv does not power up. I pulled off cover and found 5 bad caps. I replaced them but still nothing. I checked all the fuses and they are good. any suggestions

Comment

hi, I am vince. I have very little electronic knowledge, just enough to get by. I need help with a tv. I will post my problem once I check some things out on it first.

Comment

New member hello from Steve

Comment

Hello everyone. I have been into computers since the first 8088 and into electronics since the early days of c-band satellite. I am in the San Anotnio area..Repair flat screen tvs as a hobby as well as repair and build computers..I have repaired many a switching power supply but they are so cheap now..its not really worth it.
                      I am also a refrigeration mechanic and electrician by trade. Been licensed in Texas since 1994. Restoring old Coke merchandisers for friends and co-workers has also proven to be a fun thing to pass the time.

Thanks for allowing me to hang out with you!

LJ

Comment

Wassup guys! Boxes here. Many may know me from various places across the internet, including the AnandTech forums. I can't promise that I will be active on this board, but it's good to have yet another good resource to help troubleshoot electronics. I signed up so that I could look at some pics that were linked in a thread here on this board. I have been building PCs for almost 20 years now. I'm capable that I can most electronic repairs myself. That's where your forum would come in handy. I've know of this site for years when I was researching quality caps. Didn't know you had a forum. If I can be of assistance to anyone on this board just let me know.

Cheers

Comment

Hey all I neex to steal your knowledge

Comment

Hi Richard here, I found this forum while trying my hand at fixing a Panasonic TC-50PX24 (10 blinks to start, how after the new SS board 7 blinks...). This seems like a great resource and I appreciate all who share their knowledge with the "less than handy" types.

Thanks.

Comment

I am just trying to fix an inverter board for and lcd monitor so that i can use it to make a light box for fun, when I found this awesome site.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm an electronic tech working in the semiconductor mfg. industry. We don't do a whole lot of electronic repairs at my job, even though we have to have an electronics degree... we're more like high-tech mechanics.

I've known about capacitors going bad and causing issues for a long time and I'm very glad I came across this site because it never dawned on me that all my personal PC issues in the past could be related to the caps.

I've already placed an order and I'm anxious to see if I can get this POC working again.

Also, I love learning so I'm like the guy above me who needs to steal everyone's knowledge!

Comment

Hi All,

Just a dad trying to get his beloved TV fixed, so here I am looking for help.

Thank you so much for this forum!

Cheers,
                                  HS

Comment

I bet you did not find all of the bad caps...also may have a MOSFET that is bad. look for signs of heat on the heatsinks..

Comment

Hello all,
                                      I'm interested in electronics and love just tinkering with things. I like to fix things instead of just throwing them out. I just discovered this board a few days ago and was able to fix an acer monitor by replacing most of the cap, a few were bulging.
                                      Ray,

Comment

Hey Guys,
                                        I've only been involved with the PC since around 1990 when I purchased a 286 16mhz with a 40Mb HD, although my first actual experience was playing around with an IBM PC Junior. First close to modern system I owned was a slot 1 Pentium iii 600mhz with a 20gb HD back in 2002 I believe...running windows 98SE. That's when I began to fall pry to my life long addiction to tearing things apart & finding out what makes them tick. Anyway at that point I ended up taking a computer repair tech course & then started building & repairing PCs for a hobby. Fairly recently I found that there was a drop-off shed in town for electronics disposal & before they stopped people from doing it I used to rescue a lot of unwanted PCS out of there, troubleshoot & fix them. Only recently have I decided to enter into the field of component repair. I've now successfully recapped a couple of monitors, the latest being the Acer AL1916W. So I decided to join the Bad-caps forum to learn a bit more about troubleshooting power boards. I mean the blown caps are pretty obvious but a developing problem with the voltage regulator on the AL1916W not so much. Anyway thanks for listening!
                                        Ray

Comment

Hi, my name is Markus and I stumbled upon this site simply by searching for a solution to a problem that I have with my TV. I have been browsing through quite a few of the post, and absolutely love the wealth of knowledge that's being passed around. Maybe at some point I can help someone else with a solution. So...bye for now and happy soldering.

Comment

Working...
                                          X