This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I've been lurking around here for a while now, I guess it is time to officially join the group. I am looking forward to tapping the wealth of knowledge this forum has to offer.

Thanks
    JB

Comment

Hi! I'm obviously new, and honestly I'm just here to figure out what's up with my TV. I've done a lot of research and found many issues with these Samsungs, and found the best answers so far on this site, so I decided to register and ask for help.

It's a Samsung PN43D450A2D (I've googled it so many times I have it memorized.) I'm new to HD TVs, but am pretty tech savvy.

Comment

Hello,
        I'm excited to finally be a member of badcaps after reading for so many years. A number of recent TV problems have provoked me to sign up and ask a few questions. I am a mechanical engineer by training and know just enough about circuits to be dangerous. I hope to eventually become a contributing member, but at the moment my knowledge lacks in this specific department.

Comment

Just wanted to say hello... My name is my Virgil and I am redabbling in stuff from my electronics way back in high School. just fixed two bad cap "elite brand caps" Planar monitors. but no luck on the 3rd as it uses a power brick and doesn't have popped caps. anyhow look forward to following along....

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello my name is Sean. I live in Alabama and I'm 20 years old. I am athletic and I'm in college taking electrical technology classes for my degree.

Comment

Hello, altho I have always been fixing and messing around with electronics I just recently started building my own circuits and got the itch to learn more about it, I am 36 years old from Mexico, and I am here to learn sorry if I make stupid questions hope you guys don't eat me alive

Comment

I'm from Barcelona - Spain. I'm technician in laptops; I found this forum on a google search.

Best regards for all.

Comment

Hello. My name is Jeffery I have been interested in electronics since I was in High School so I went into electronics in the U.S. Air Force. Since then I have been repairing all types of electronic circuits and doing Computer IT service. I found this site on google search for a TV I am currently repairing.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                          As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                          So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                          where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                          Hi LLoydie here just wanting a little help with my panasonic recrder

Comment

Hi LLoydie here just after a little help with my Panasonic recorder.

Comment

This forum is great source of information for my amateur repair hobby!

Comment

Hi, I'm terribleturtles. I recently came across a free monitor and saw that you guys had information to share. I hope to see and hear from your lovely faces. You're community is swell

Comment

Greetings!

Comment

hi, i have a Panasonic plasma TH-PZ800U that is not working properly. I have a feeling it's a faulty Y-board. I will post in another thread shortly. I am glad there are people here willing to help!

Comment

Hello badcaps.net!

Glad to be part of this great forum.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I am a casual tinkerer, one of those guys who is dangerous to equipment because I know a little about a lot. I enjoy the challenge of repairing something broken as opposed to discarding to a landfill and buying new. I've been on forums before and enjoy the information available, the banter by the members and am always grateful to the members who give their time and share their expertise to help us less skilled people. Thank you well in advance for your advice and for hosting this website!!!

Comment

Hi everybody here. My name is Marc and I am 48 years old, and I live in Hulsberg in the south east of the Netherlands. I have always been interested in technics and electronics. I am a licensed ham radio operator sinds 1992. When ever possible I tried to repair my electr(on)ic devices myself. I am even considering participating in the repair café to be launched soon here in town.

Comment

Working...
                                          X