X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all

Just a bit of geek here, I unofficially support IT in my small business and like to tinker with laptop and PCs

I need some specific help and Google brought me to this great forum!

Comment

Hello everyone,

Just joined and hope this forum can help out with my TV problem. Thank you!

Comment

Hello, I am trying to resolve a screaming problem with a Westinghouse LTV 40w1. I see some schematics here that may help me resolve my problem! Thank you for allowing me in the forum

Jeff

Comment

Hello everyone, just joined and I'm hoping to get a little help with my TV issue. I saw some specific topics related to my tv and thought you guys might be able to help out. Thanks in advance!

Rob

Comment

Hi all, My name is Bruce, a.k.a. Mr.RepairGuy, I am new to this site and new to being an active member of a forum like this. Though I have used forums like this to mine for knowledge.

I am a simple repair tech. Started doing repairs at a music store in 95 after I dropped out of an EE curriculum as a JR. Stupid move on my part, was going to go back and never did. Now, after 19 years of repairing music gear, amps, mixers and pianos to component level, I found myself out of work when the business folded. I have opened my own shop and am looking for ways to supplement what I figure will be half a living. I will be doing what I was , plus I'm looking at TV repairs and computer repairs as a way to grow into a full time income job. I don't need to be rich, just want to make a living and have the freedom of self employment. Could be a dream. we will see.

Anyway, I am a musician and father and husband, love to tinker with electronics and want to grow my knowledge base. I figure this is a good way to do that.

Thank You and Godbless you all
            Bruce

Comment

Hello! Ive been to the forums many times thanks to Google landing me here for answers to many questions I've had and I always seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm in the IT field but looking to expand my repair knowledge into devices other than computers. TV's, LCD monitors, arcade machines and pinball machines are constantly making their way in front of me so I need to learn all i can.

Comment

My name is Dennis and I have never done this before. I'm 73 years old and trying to fix my samsung 32" tv. I think it's the power supply but need to clarify the part number.

Comment

Hello. I have a garage full of repairable electronics (my wife says it's junk). Badcaps looks likes an excellent resource. Anyone here know how to solder?

Comment

hi..new here.. My name Fadil from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia...

Comment

Hello

Emz from philippines

Comment

Hi everyone!!

My name is Juarez, I´m from Brazil, and I'm looking for a solution for my 47" Lg LX9500.
                        I´m a electronic technician, but not work with this.

Comment

Hi all, my name's Luke. I'm have a Mechanical Engineering background but will try my hand at anything (usually to avoid having to throw something away that I don't believe has really reached the end of its useful life, and I absolutely refuse to pay someone to do something I could teach myself to do with a little research and my stubbornness).
                          I came across this site while repairing, wait for it.... my Samsung LCD. Since then, with the help of all you good people, I've successfully completed 3 different TV repairs and don't intend to stop in my mission of saving good appliances from landfill. Hopefully I can repay some insight to you all with the experience and knowledge I collect along the way.
                          Thanks for having me.

Comment

Oh! And I'm from a town 80km south of Sydney in Australia.
                            Cheers!

Comment

Hi,
                              I have a bunch of houses which means i have about 42 tv"s. I am tired of them going bad after one year and having to buy a new one. back in 08 i fixed a samsung with a bad cap and now that i have more time on my hands i figure i can start fixing them again. have a westinghouse that i found a thread for the fix on your site. will post there.

Comment

My turn. I'm Brad, or vbrad511 on the forum. I have ZERO technical education, but I've begun tinkering with tv's. I've been fixing just about everything else for myself, family, and friends for many years, cars, computers, residential stuff, just about anything I can figure out. So here I am looking to better myself. Here goes.

Comment

The nice Mr Google found me wandering around the intertoobz, in search of the secret meaning of these ancient runes: "EVA", AOR-" "DET", V_ADJ", and brought me here.
                                  Disclaimer: My first name is not actually Sledge, nor am I actually of the Fingerhammers family. Everything else is true...

Comment

Hey guys, 33yo radio station IT guy here, got a radio encoder machine with a bunch of bulging caps - looking around for a way to identify the caps on it, and ran across this site. Seems like a good place to be known and find info, so here I am.

EDIT: on here less than an hour, and have identified my bad caps as UCC KZGs - which everybody on here apparently knows to be made of fail. this site will help me maintain my mystique as the 'can fix anything' guy!
                                    Last edited by jesscat606; 02-13-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hi all, my name is Frank

Comment

Looking to Tshoot an LG Plasma TV that will not Init the display. Can't wait to get started.

Comment

Howdy, I've had years of mystery with failing electronic devices and tvs so thought it was time to sign up and learn from others willing to assist and share their knowledge, hopefully I can do the same down the line.
                                          Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                          X