This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm marshallmedia (ok not very original!) been playing around with electronic stuff for over 50 years - started on valves (I live in the UK - ( in the USA you call them tubes !!) My first electronics love is servicing old PA Equipment - have now learnt to build my own pc computers.

Learning the ropes with this new site (to me it's new!)

Had a few years in electronics (servicing) and love to get old equipment up and running.

Found this site by googling the need to repair an old samsung monitor - great site for all the info I needed !!

Comment

y DO i KEEP GETTING e MAIL 2 post my introduction here? I thought I did that months ago

Comment

My name is Paul and I understand the basics of electronics, I've built a couple desktops, but that is basically just plug and play, as long as you've got the combo of components. As for the actual circuitry its all greek to me. I'm hoping to learn more about the inner workings of electronics. I recently bought myself a broken plasma tv in hopes of using it as a learning experience. It certainly has been that but seeing as I've hit stumbling blocks that I can't figure out on my own I figured I'd reach out to the community, which explains what I'm doing here

Comment

Hello to everyone! !!

Comment

Am a retired software engineer. Am also a lifelong electronics hobbyist, and I came to this site looking for the service manual for my trusty old BK Precision 2120B oscilloscope. A big thank you to Toasty for making that manual available here!

Comment

Hello All, Just an electronics hobbyist here. PC's to Sound systems.

Comment

Hello!!

Im from Spain, and I am here because I have an old Formula Sound PM90 dj mixer made in UK on 1991, which has gave me lots of hours of pleasure because of his very open sound...

Here it is:

Yes I love my old mixer... ... hehe, and so I want to learn how to maintain it fully healthy (I mean the sound quality).

I guess I need to replace all the capacitors, but I think they are discontinued (the manufacturer is NoVer), so I think I would need to find a quality replacement and dont know how to start searching.

Other thing I would like to find, is some replacement for all the EQ potentiometers. They are open carbon 47K (stereo) potentiometers, and made in UK by CITEC. I have read in a UK board called Wavemusic, that the PM90 pots have changed over the years, and that there is a later model that has sealed Bourns pots that they last a lot longer, but I don't know how to find them...

Well, I am very glad I found this fantastic forum, and I hope to learn lots of cool things.

Kind regards,

Comment

Hello from Tucson AZ.
                  My name is Joey Fitzpatrick. I am an electronics Technician. I am currently working in the automotive industry repairing electrical and computer systems. I have browsed through the many posts on this forum for quite a while now. I figured that it was time for me to join and contribute what I can. Thank you all for the excellent forum!!

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm happy to finally post on the forum. I've gotten plenty of help in the past just by reading other users' problems and solutions. Happy to join in on the fun!

Comment

Hey team, glad to join

Comment

Hey guys - my name is Liam, 27 from Ireland - big music fan, originally studied to be a sound engineer, and for some reason ive found myself with a shop fixing smartphones, laptops, tablets, tv's etc etc..
                        Also started to study Electronic Engineering formally just this year so hoping this site has help put my theory in practical work as i expand my workload and my business..

Comment

Hi all thanks for excepting me I'm alex a self tort auto mechanic who loves to put everything apart latest project is another dell computer hope you professionals can help i need the bios pass code it's a dell latitude e6530 #8g1nkx1-1d3b
                          thanks in advance Alex

Comment

hello Everyone

Wonderful to be here among Badcaps enthusiasts. I am just here to learn excellent stuff about all kinds of electronics repairs. It will be long path of learning before I will feel capable of helping others. My goal is now set.

Have a good day, Everyone!

Comment

It is a pleasure to be here. I have been poking around this site and teaching myself how to do board level repair with some success. I have no electronics background and find identifying components and the vocabulary to be tuff to pick up on. I do work on computers and TV's and love the challenge of trying to fix the defective board instead of just replacing it. The people on this site are awesome and I will be donating in the future.

Comment

Hi everyone. just found this site and wanted to say hello. im no pc techy but seem to be the family pc repair guy lol.

Comment

hi all

my name is perry, Im from south east mn. have always been fascinated by electronics. used to take them apart as a kid and never fix or put back together. got into cars as a teen, so have diploma in auto mechanics. learnt some electrical things there, now trying to learn for real. i have fixed two 37in magnavox's one really easy caps, second zeners with lots of reading on here. i bought a tectronics 2235 scope a couple weeks ago but dont know how to use it yet. with books, forums and videos i'll get there. there are some very smart people on here looking forward to learning from.

Comment

Hi All,

Brad from Essex, UK - researching to try and fix a problem with my old Samsung TV - will post separately but the forum seems to be full of knowledgeable people and helpful advice!

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Hello everyone, just here looking for answers to fix a certain plasma tv

Comment

Hello all
                                        im really glad i came across this great forum, to share,discuss all electronics and soldering problems and solutions.

Im in the cell phone repair service and i want to know more about board repair and pcb troubleshooting, however i will be glad to share and contribute to help solve others issues within my knowledge , i ask kindly to accept me into your community. and many thanks to administrators for activating my accounts
                                        God Bless

Comment

Hello,

I've been reading the posts for awhile now & really appreciate all the knowledge that is shared here. It's great that so many people are willing to help other learn. I have a Samsung PN51D6500 that I am hoping to get some help with.

Comment

Working...
                                          X