X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I joined this forum just to read this thread:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23209

I have a Dell Latitude e5520 with a bios admin password that I can't get past. After scouring the internet I have little hope. Please PM me if you have a way to solve it.

If you want to know about *me*, you can see my Stack Exchange profile:
    http://stackoverflow.com/users/1038866/bgm?tab=profile

Comment

Howdy folks

Comment

Hi I would just like to introduce myself, my name is Craig and I have joined this forum as I'm in need of some advice regarding a circuit board I have come across on a Toshiba 32av555d I will try to create my post as soon as I figure just how to do so I'm new to TV repairs but I am quite confident in doing any diy fixes suggested through the advice on this site. Thank you for reading and I hope to speak to you soon. Regards, Craig.

Comment

Hi all:

I am a newbie... Just wanted to say hi and H E L P ! I have a strange problem with a Panasonic tc-p42c2 It shown 6 blinks after it warmed up (35 - 40 min) and then it will not show image again until it cools. Took the back off and checked for bulging caps. Nothing. Tightened all fasteners and powered on. Perfect. kept it on for over 2 hrs and no shutdown. Put the back on and now it won't even show a picture when cold. Will post in the right area...

Thanks

Capacity

Comment

Hello everybody! My name is Nicolas, im from Argentina, i dont speak very well in english, so please be patience with me . i came to this forum because im having troubles with a Acer/Packardbell motherboard, LA-7912P to be more accurate, and googling i have landed on this forum, im reading this post right now: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29834

well, thankyou everybody, everyone, without everyone of you this could not be possible

Comment

Hi, just decided to join this page, as I am attempting to repair a TV of mine that went out a few months ago. Hopefully this page will also help me with future electronic devices that I may want to repair!

Comment

Hi, I'm a new member. I have been working with electronics since I was a teenager in the 1970's. I love designing circuits and analyzing circuits designed by others. My first computer experience was building and configuring DOS machines at a school where I worked in 1985.

Comment

greetings...i'm retired, 68, scientific bent....life long interest in electronics, computers, fishing and gardening and look forward to reading all the interesting posts..

thanks for this place

Comment

Hello! Im a computer technician and found this site looking for information to fix my Sharp TV

Comment

Hi all

My name is Ron Blake.
                      Through the years I have run sideline businesses performing component level repair mostly on computer components but also on various other electronic components, while being in full-time and part-time military positions. I also have backgrounds in building computers and configuring custom rigs for graphics heavy tasks both Mac and PC and, in Computer Graphics, 2D, 3D, Animation, Illustration, Photography, Photo editing, Videography, Video editing, Web design, etc, etc. Yeah, I know it's odd to be a techie and a user on the artistic side of things but necessity drives the train and here I am at this point in my life 51 years old disabled and in need of capital so I am going to get back into more component level repair work again.

Yep, I am a tech, a geek, an artist and a grunt.

I look forward to using this community for research and avoiding having to reinvent the wheel metaphorically speaking, and intend to contribute as well help to prevent others from having to reinvent the wheel metaphorically speaking again.

Thank you for this site and community!

My main system:
                      Alienware M17x hacked to run both OSX and Win 7
                      Numerous other Mac and PCs for various tasks to include a self built network render farm for rendering 3D Animation
                      Various other electronics to include Audio equipment, TVs, CRT and LCD Monitors , BluRay and DVD Players, Media Players for playing Reencoded digital movies, etc, etc!
                      Unfortunately keep fairly busy on my own equip as it ages and educating my friends and community on modern tech and helping them with there equip!

Anyway, glad to be aboard!

Ron Blake

Comment

Test post

Comment

Hello brother,,,

I'm very happy to be joining in this forum and i wish & hope can learn with all of you electronics and computers masters. I am a teacher of electronics and has an electronic repair shop in the my small town in Tegal-Central Java-Indonesia. Thank's for joining me...

Comment

Hello,

I am a computer programmer in New Orleans, Louisiana. My first computer was trs-80 . I was a whopping 6 years old when my father brought it home. You could say that one event solidified my path in life. I'm 40 now and I program in something like every language. It is my passion to learn new syntax and apply various programming concepts to languages that I basically don't even really know. It could even be said that the puzzle and mysteries of new languages is what drives me. As those puzzles/mysteries become less, I tend to move to another language.

My current system is nothing very special but, I will be building a new one in a few months. I believe the people of this forum can give me information and knowledge which will help me make some better choices than I would make on my own. For me it's not so much a matter of "which", it's a matter of "why". Anybody can have an opinion on why they prefer something. I'm more interested in the facts of why you prefer it.

Thank you for allowing me to share in you knowledge,
                            Michael

Comment

Hello from Poland, IT technician with 20+ exp, thanks for sharing

Comment

Hello all! I've bumped into the site a time or to when trying to reuse some 32 bit systems I inherited. I'm a fan of all things computers, love learning new systems like linux, freebsd, etc. Built my first system in 99' (athlon amd, Asus a7v). Enjoyed it immensely .. I've migrated to database systems from programming but I've been immersed in security and machine mass production so that has gotten me into hardware/network side a bit. Jack-of-all-trades so when I lost a monitor recently after just a couple years I figured I join and try to resurrect that bad boy (ACER). Happy to be here and I've already learned a great deal. Thanks for your time! Special thanks to Murishm for this great post.. which applies to newbies and monitors like mine.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20054

Comment

hello all!

Comment

Hello All.... Glad to be registered. I'm just a DIY nerd that doesn't like to be told that he has to call a professional for everything that breaks in my house

Comment

Hello,

My name is Porto Gonzales from Holland and I'm just in the beginning phase of the bad cap repairs. I was a bit in electronics but merely car HVAC display repair and modding of old Hifi receivers from a manual volume knob to a motorized one. It began when a friend of mine came to me with 5 Samsung 24" monitors which won't turn on. One youtube video and a couple of new Rubycon/Nichicon caps later and I was my friend's personal 'expert' in Samsung LCD repair! Did some PC power supply's too, also only cap failures which were the cause.

This cap problem fascinated me so much I Googled about it and came across this forum.

Comment

Hello,

I have never joined a forum before so this is my first one so here it goes. My name is Doug I have had an interest/hobby in computers and tech since we got are first computer that had 5 1/4" floppy discs. I am not a computer wizard by all means, but do handle all my own computer and electronic repairs. I am also a jack of all trades. I have worked with PLC logic and several jobs I have held, I have also have worked with 480v at several of my jobs so I have incorporated my hobbies into my careers as well.

I have joined the forum to contribute and learn from the veterans in electronic repairs and also hope to contribute what I have learned in my past experiences.

Comment

Hello to all!
                                          Hope I'll learn a lot of things here!

Comment

Working...
                                          X