Small home TV doesn't seem worth the effort anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Small home TV doesn't seem worth the effort anymore

Repair shops have to pay rent/tax/ect, most will offer a collect and return service, so there costs are going to be higher than someone working from home that is not paying these. Yes I did do this and sales for a living,I still do parts and refurb work and still run a workshop,but no longer do customer repairs as there is no money to be made anymore.
    Last edited by flocko; 01-04-2017, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Re: Small home TV doesn't seem worth the effort anymore

I like this topic.

From the replies, there are a few main aspects that seem to be determining factors in whether or not to keep the efforts going. As mentioned before, personal goals, age, and location has a lot to do with it.

My personal goal, at my age (40), is to maximize the use of time to family first by taking care of my responsibilities: house, car, career, etc... Time is therefore allocated based on the most equitable or seriousness. Life isnt all business with me but at the same time, mismanagement of my time on my own personal, non equitable endeavors would be selfish.

Computer repair and upgrade made me a lot of money at one point. It died.
      TV repair and sales made me a bundle. It died.
      I didnt get into the phone and tablet repair. It will be something else in the future.

Electronics has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. I have an Associates Degree in Electronics. Industrial Electronics is my job. I am blessed to be able to use my hobby to make money. I dont go to work for the hobby of it. $$$
      The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Working...
      X