Sharp LC-48LE653u reboot fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-48LE653u reboot fix

This TV came to me the other day turning on showing the sharp logo and then turning off over and over and over again.

Contacting sharp for firmware was a joke as there's no firmware update available on their website for this model.
    Uses a Samsung panel and nothing inside that TV is actually made by sharp I believe this is TCL Chinese offshoot model. Made in 2016. Mainboard is Amtran.

The guy from Sharp Tech Support emailed me back and said that there is no firmware update available in wants to know why I'm trying to update the firmware as if I'm not authorized lol. Any who I decided to update the firmware for the 55" version as that was avaliable, LC-55le653u. That model uses an AUO panel so I figured my options were either it's gonna work or it's gonna brick...

Well it worked.

Procedure is, unplug TV, download firmware and unzip to USB stick, insert USB stick, plug TV and in let it sit do not press power. The white indicator will start flashing rapidly and then slowly and then the TV will automatically come on with problem solved.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by freakaftr8; 03-03-2018, 11:23 AM.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Re: Sharp LC-48LE653u reboot fix

Nice fix.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Nice work Freakafter8, good to know that a different size worked, I wonder if that would work for a lot of other tvs.

Comment

Probably would if using identical boards. I'm not aware of the part number for the 55 board but pics look like the exact same architecture.

Comment

on a 42 in sharp that I helped a friend with, the board had jumpering for "size" settings across from 42 up to 55 (I think at the large size), firmware had no user settings so the firmware was common although I didn't check this for other sizes. The set was a "D60U" model series.

Comment

The email I got from Sharp... lol
            Attached Files

Comment

:-( they probably meant that there was NO NEW firmware available to address issues after manufacturing.... but I wish the manufacturer would acknowledge and provide ways to readily reload existing firmware loads as opposed to just "updates" as firmware can get corrupted.

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

I had the same success (and for the same reason) using the flash from an LC-65LE654 in an LC-65LE645. When you have nothing to lose...

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                    This TV came to me the other day turning on showing the sharp logo and then turning off over and over and over again.

Contacting sharp for firmware was a joke as there's no firmware update available on their website for this model.
                    Uses a Samsung panel and nothing inside that TV is actually made by sharp I believe this is TCL Chinese offshoot model. Made in 2016. Mainboard is Amtran.

The guy from Sharp Tech Support emailed me back and said that there is no firmware update available in wants to know why I'm trying to update the firmware as if I'm not authorized lol. Any who I decided to update the firmware for the 55" version as that was avaliable, LC-55le653u. That model uses an AUO panel so I figured my options were either it's gonna work or it's gonna brick...

Well it worked.

Procedure is, unplug TV, download firmware and unzip to USB stick, insert USB stick, plug TV and in let it sit do not press power. The white indicator will start flashing rapidly and then slowly and then the TV will automatically come on with problem solved.

It worked on my Sharp LC-48LE653U too. I almost ordered a replacement main board. Thank you so much for this post. I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Good job. Can you please upload the FW for future repair?
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Doesn't seem to work for me. Usb doesn't power up when it's plugged in. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by volkanyo View Post
                          Doesn't seem to work for me. Usb doesn't power up when it's plugged in. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
                          Got it working.

I left the TV plugged in for 30 minutes and came back and it had worked. I never saw the led status blink so it may just take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                            Good job. Can you please upload the FW for future repair?
                            I used the firmware downloaded from the Sharp website here - http://m.sharpusa.com/Support/Produc...el=LC-55LE653U

File is too big to attach here.

Comment

For reference, I used a 16GB USB thumb drive formatted FAT32. Turned tv on to get it into the reboot loop. Turned off power at surge suppressor. Inserted thumb drive with firmware update and turned power back on at surge suppressor. Worked like a champ. Did not need to press the power button to turn television on. The update turned the set on and brought up the welcome screen.

Comment

Thank you Freakaftr8 for your very useful post.

Comment

Please I need some help. I got the same problem on my LC-48LE653u and I downloaded a file "tel_soft_LE653U_LE654U_v369", then I unziped with a new file with name "install.img_secure_v3.6.9_full", then I copied this file to 8GB USB pendrive on root directory, then I connected the pendrive in the TV, then plug TV to outlet and TV is doing the same thing with the logo and cycle. What do you thing could be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                  X