digihome ptdr24hds3 backlight only no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digihome ptdr24hds3 backlight only no picture

this one landed here . owner said he plugged in a lightening connector converter to hdmi then the picture and sound went off . i am wondering if its a firmware problem ?
    from what i can figure out the voltages seem to be ok . i can check any again if needed .
    what it does as soon as its plugged in is the standby light flashes then the backlights come on then it flashes some more and goes out . backlights stay on for a minute or so then go off .sometimes it goes through this 2 or 3 times on its own .all the while backlights are off there is a very quiet click sound from the speakers like its tripping . there is no response using the remote or pressing rear toggle switch/button
    here are some pics .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by petehall347; 07-24-2020, 04:47 AM.

Re: digihome ptdr24hds3 backlight only no picture

digihome are quite good they have sent me the firmware in the past for a few sets

Comment

i will look them up and ask them
      edit ..
      just looked and digihome seems to be just a name and the sets are made by vestel .did you mean i can get firmware from vestel ?
      Last edited by petehall347; 07-24-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

sorry i just looked through my old emails it was http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/feedbackform.php who helped me not digihome maybe post in the fimware needed thread as some members seem too be able too help with vestel sets

Comment

i found this but cant figure out where to download the 2 files . https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...search&pto=aue
          17MB211 17MB211S Full Software Installation Method:
          the shredder_usb_update.b
          shredder_usb_update.sc is
          Copy the named files into the empty and formatted FAT32 USB stick.

Plug the USB memory into the TV's USB-1 port and while holding down the “ OK ” button of the remote control, plug the ac cable into the wall socket and hold it until the standby led starts to flash quickly.

Release the “ OK ” button when the standby led starts to flash quickly . When the standby led lights up, software installation process is completed.

As a result of this process, do not install " FULL " software with different serial numbers on the TV since the panel information will change !

Comment

i am wondering about the 12v supply as its at 11.3v . would this cause the problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
              i found this but cant figure out where to download the 2 files . https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...search&pto=aue
              Just above the comments there are 5 links, Vestel, Toshiba, Telefunken, Hitachi and JVC, they go to google drives, they won't work from the translate page, you have to go from the original.

Comment

yes i already have the core file . as i see it i need the other 2 files
                the shredder_usb_update.b
                shredder_usb_update.sc is

unless i am being a bit thick here .?

Comment

well then ..just talked to the owner again and now he tells me the tv worked fine for 2 days after he had used the lightning/hdmi converter then one day wouldn't power on ..and he runs it off a modified sine wave power inverter . but had been fine for months .
                  he had it in his head it must be the hdmi converter that damaged it ..i dont think so myself .

Comment

righto i might have time to look at this again .if anyone sees this post i would like to know the test points to start with . i find it hard when the schematics are not in one .

Comment

Please can someone point me from where to download the full software installation as on the link above, even if original and no translated, I cannot find any link to download the full software.
                      Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X