Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba 32el933G stuck in standby (need dump pls)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 32el933G stuck in standby (need dump pls)

Good day folks. A seemingly straightforward job: a Toshiba TV is stuck in standby, meaning the red LED lights up but the TV does not respond to any commands, hence does not turn on. This would point me towards a corrupt firmware and a couple of searches confirm the same issue was solved on this exact model by flashing it. Trouble is now I can't seem to find a dump for it and I was wondering if somebody happens to have one by freak accident. The board is a 32AV933. Cheers guys. Would really appreciate it if you could help
    Attached Files
    Wattevah...

Re: Toshiba 32el933G stuck in standby (need dump pls)

I think you can download it from the following website but have to register first.
    http://**************/dump/lcd_pdp_t.../238-1-0-23331
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      I think you can download it from the following website but have to register first.
      I found that one, but the problem is, as you mentioned, registration.....plus it's in Russian....that doesn't help the situation
      Wattevah...

Comment

Contact Vitasik on this forum who I believe speaks Russian and may already be a member of that forum.

Comment

You tried freezing
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

ive just registered on that site using google translate but you have to answer a test to download the file 6 questions can only get one wrong lol well i got two wrong if someone wants too try the second test i will pm my log in details

Comment

Only test I know I can pass is drug test

Comment

There hard electronics questions trust me i blame google for getting it wrong lol

Comment

Hardcore Russian site

Comment

The language is not an issue, there's always google translate I'll see what I can do. I found a different BIN file on a pretty cool website from my country. It's like an archive which has a lot of different dumps for various boards and it just so happened there was one labeled "32AV933" so I grabbed that one for now. Haven't tried it yet....There weren't any other details about that file though, which is why I would've preferred the on you suggested since it matches the CPU model exactly as well (MSD...something, trust me, it's that exact one). That doesn't mean it's not the right one, just not as certain as the "official" one.
                    If it works, then hats off to the guy running that site...too bad I can't post the link here since I found it at work and it's not indexed very well, so it only came up in the latter results on google and I THINK it's also in my native language, so it would take a lot of digging to find it. I'll let you know how it goes.
                    Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                      You tried freezing
                      No, I haven't. I'm gonna go straight to the flashing like I always do
                      Wattevah...

Comment

Flashed the chip using the BIN I found and it does not work. The BIN wrote OK but the problem's the same: no reaction from the TV whatsoever....the MSD chip is toas IMO. Hunks of absolute junk...
                        Wattevah...

Comment

Here's what I also noticed: I found the schematic for the board here. I took some measurements on the main board itself to see what's going on with those voltages. Go to page 37 of that PDF where the DC-DC conversion is pictured. I get the correct 5v on all the input pins of all those ICs and also their output voltages are correct (3.3, 2.5 and all that), but a few seconds after applying power, the NORMAL_PWR_CTL signal disappears from the ENABLE pins and the ICs shut down, cutting off all voltages. Looking very closely at the power LED, I can actually see it dim very very briefly as the MSD tries to turn on but fails. I traced back that PWR_CTL signal and it's handled by the MSD itself, with absolutely no other parts in between, so I'd say there's nothing I can do about it....something's definitely toast inside that chip :| I'm by no means an expert, but the design looks like an absolute POS with no heatsinking on that MSD...it's bound to fail that way...why would you do that ? Programmed failure is what I call this - period and concluded. Not the first time I've had this exact issue with the exact same chip also !
                          Wattevah...

Comment

You said you have all the DC voltages but do you still have the 3.3V_Standby when the Normal_PWR_CTL disappears?.

Comment

You said you have all the DC voltages but do you still have the 3.3V_Standby when the Normal_PWR_CTL disappears?.
                              Yes, but only the one in the orange box, since the enable signal for that chip is always applied.
                              Wattevah...

Comment

as the board is already dead i wonder if its worth putting some liquid flux under the ic and trying a reflow as nothing too loose i guess

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                  as the board is already dead i wonder if its worth putting some liquid flux under the ic and trying a reflow as nothing too loose i guess
                                  Already returned it sadly, but I did quickly blast it with 420c just to see what happens, but it didn't seem to change anything, so I doubt properly reflowing the chip would've solved the issue. I DID try reflowing an MSD on another TV and it solved zilch, so that's why I didn't even bother with this one, I was like f-it....
                                  Wattevah...

Comment

as you say may just be the msd chips dying internally not much you can do except try and find a replacement mainboard at a good price but down to the customer i guess

Comment

merci

Comment

hello check eeprom pin 8 if it is 3.3v if it is now the fault of the firmware i have repaired the 32hl993g model

Comment

Working...
                                        X