Removing screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing screens

Hello, I'm not a newbie at removing screens to replace leds, however I'm finding out that certain models like Sharp, TCL and Element have their screens glued down to the plastic frame. I've cracked a few in my day trying to lift them and have used razors to separate the glue from the frame. Does anyone have any other tips that they use to do this. Much appreciated.

Re: Removing screens

I just had the opportunity to disassemble a cracked screen Samsung UN65MU8000F that is glued to the bezel. I was really surprised on how easily the screen lifted when using a piece of .010 shim stock slid under the screen. It came up so easily that if I was doing a repair on the LED's I would be looking for a material to re-bond the screen to the bezel.

Then again, it may have been like this one that was falling out :-)

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83293

Comment

I use a old insurance card. It’s about .010 thick plastic and separates the glue from the screen easily without damaging it. Sometimes I warm it with a hair dryer just to loosen the adhesive as well.

Comment

I cut a credit card in an L shape so it can slip past the raised areas of the bevel.
        I also grease the surface of the card with wd40 so it wont reglue as it flattens behind me

Comment

just use removal tools used for mobile screen. they delivered it free with screen always. very thin and safe-

Comment

One of the safest ways I have found is to heat a Ufix bean bag up in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes and lay it on top of the panel where the adhesive is for about 3-4 minutes and slide a plastic playing card carefully underneath the panel and once it starts to slice through the adhesive leave the card in place and go onto to the next section so have the whole deck of cards ready. If it's a bezeless design the adhesive will be all the way around or on 3 sides only depending on the model. On some models you will be able to see the white sections of adhesive barely sticking out like on some Sony's so you can see where to apply safe heat to loosen the adhesive. You can get the Ufix bean bags at cell phone repair supplier's or shops or try Ebay. Good luck
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X