• Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic 58-TXAX802B Stuck on Panasonic Logo

Photos attached
    Attached Files

Comment

IC1600 looks like SPI flash memory.
      Is there anything on the other side of the mainboard ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        IC1600 looks like SPI flash memory.
        Is there anything on the other side of the mainboard ?
        Hi thanks for that info yes on the rear side there is another chip I shall when I get home send a photo to you to take a look

Where would I acquire the firmware dump for this tv

Can I just download new firmware from Panasonic and use that it is it a different kind of flash it does

New to this so pretty basic skill but if it works it works if not then not lost anything as tv is stuck anyway so may as well give it ago

I bought some device you out a chip into and it wooes and installs into chips

Comment

Hi turns out the ic1600 was the chip I needed I think and its called a winbond w25q64fvsig flash I took mine out out it in the machine it read the chip saved to laptop
          Downloaded firmware from Panasonic then when I loaded that file it said it was to long so wouldn't open

Must be something else I need to flash to it

Instead I wrote the same info on chip back onto it and tries to fit back on board unfortunately I'm crap at soldering so instead think I burnt my board so after all that I have no idea if it would of worked so spares it is now for that tv

Should of got someone to solder for me instead unforuanlty I cnat get it to stick without solder being all over the chip pins

Thanks for your help anyway much appreciated ti make matters worse I smashed my Samsung tv screen so bad day for me

Comment

Sorted out samsung tv managed to get exactly same model so happy thats all sorted now.

I'm going to be stripping the panasonic tv for parts now but just before I do I was wondering is it possible to put a different main board into the tv and use with the panel or would that involve changing the t con main board and power board ect basically all of it and would that even work.

Can the panel be used on another same size tv pretty much out all parts onto that screen and then turn it on.

Or are they set up basically just for that model type and not able to be used with other types

Surely the screen is a screen it's the other parts that send the image to it

Comment

Not an expert but I believe you need to match the t-con and mainboard with the panel, the same model number can have different panels which can be incompatible with certain t-con and mainboards.

Comment

Bit of a pain then and better giving up on it as not worth the hassle of trying stuff out

Thanks for help much appreciated

Comment

Hello,
                  did someone manage to get the original DUMP refill into the TNPH1100 2A board ???
                  Thank you.

Comment

https://****************/dump/lcd_pd.../289-1-0-71552

Comment

Hi guys,

i am also new here with exactly the same problem. Would it be possible to correct the link in the post above for also can access the download? (Is this dump for the Panasonic Model No. TX-58AX800E - TX-58AXW804 - TX-58AXR800 LA53 Chassis?)
                      This would be really very nice. Thank you very much in advance.

....and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all !
                      Last edited by Samui67; 12-31-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

This is only DUMP for IC1600.
                        I personally need a DUMP for IC8903 eMMC (I have very bad blocks).

Comment

Meanwhile i also found this dump in this russian forum - it is from 2013 (!)
                          But it seems that nowhere worldwide the complete dump for IC8903 seems to be available.
                          Pity us, no dump and no replacement board .....
                          Last edited by Samui67; 01-03-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

No it is not.
                            I also searched and not found.
                            Even Panasonic himself does not want to give it.
                            There must be someone who copies it and puts it on a forum.
                            Unfortunately, it cannot be reached yet.

Comment

Has anybody been able to successfully download this dump file? If so are you able to upload somewhere else or send to me directly

Comment

Originally posted by smpcomms View Post
                                Has anybody been able to successfully download this dump file? If so are you able to upload somewhere else or send to me directly

Have managed to find a service manual for this model if any good to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by smpcomms View Post
                                  Have managed to find a service manual for this model if any good to anyone

Also managed to find a technical guide which covers a few models in the range

Comment

Anyone manage to find a dump for this ?

Comment

Hi all,

Apologies for the general post, but I have exactly the same problem with the same model (the TX-58AX802). Removing and reflashing seems like an extreme solution but if anyone has any pointers I'd be more than grateful.

I guess if someone could tell me where the firmware image is stored, for example there is a replacement t-con board on ebay which I'd happily fit, but want to be sure that will fix the problem (i.e. where the firmware is stored).

There are three groups of boards (excluding the power on the left), the t-con board seems to be the one at the bottom (as it's the same as the part on ebay), but the other chap here sent a photo of the board on the right (which has all of the external ports connected). The centre seems to be the HDMI control board. If anyone could let me know which board I'd need to replace, or if there's any other way of getting beyond the panasonic logo that would be amazing.

This only just happened, it seems to have automatically updated itself as it had been fine since I had it which was second hand for a little over a week!

*** EDIT! ***

OK - so t-con = timing controller, so would imagine it's unlikely to be that, so the firmware is on a chip on the mainboard presumably. Did anyone manage to reflash it? I'm so surprised, I've seen around 15 of these panels showing the same problem just in my limited research, there's got to be a straightforward way of doing this. WOuld happily pay is anyone could reflash it for me, I'm in Huntingdon\St Neots area.

*** SECOND EDIT!? ***

So based upon what diif and paul said I'd need to reflash the IC1600 (so need to work out how to flash it, and need to find the firmware for it, because the standard panasonic SEC file isn't enough), otherwise I'll need to find a main board replacement!

*** THIRD AND FINAL EDIT!! ***

OK so there's a connector labelled CN1600 which I traced back to the IC1600 chip, presumably so it could be factory flashed.

Is there any way of getting hold of the IC1600 firmware from the above broken link, and would anyone be able to flash it for me for a fee?

Thanks guys,

Ross
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by cubinarium; 09-16-2020, 02:11 PM. Reason: Updated post with more detail, refined my question.

Comment

There is no need to upload a new DUMP to the IC1600, but the main problem is in the eMMC IC8903 on the other side of the mainboard.

Comment

dump for ic1600
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X