SONY KDL 43w805c does not accept commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY KDL 43w805c does not accept commands

Hi, guys. This TV stopped to accept commands and it does not matter if i am using my remote control or the buttons on the TV. It is accepting it sometimes but only once or something and then it is stopping again. Only the volume command is working even i cannot see the graphic scale every time. But the volume is working - i can adjust the volume without problems. I reset the TV few times but it is the same. Now it stuck on the Welcome Screen and i cannot move forrward. Do you think that the Main Board could be a problem?

Attached Files

Re: SONY KDL 43w805c does not accept commands

If you disconnect the wifi connector does that help. I think it's connected to the IR sensor module.?

IR SENSOR WIFI MODULE SIDE CONTROL BUTTONS FOR 43" SONY BRAVIA KDL-43W805C TV
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dick_barton; 01-14-2021, 06:54 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Only one company i know in the UK that can repair main board .

I believe they advertise service on E BAY .

Company name is Micro tech .

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
        If you disconnect the wifi connector does that help. I think it's connected to the IR sensor module.?

IR SENSOR WIFI MODULE SIDE CONTROL BUTTONS FOR 43" SONY BRAVIA KDL-43W805C TV
        Yeah i tried to disconnect each part one by one but nothing

Comment

its much firmware issue, as its android 5. there are update for years 2019 to this set- you need to try
          1- hard reset from power & volume - then plug it in wall socket..
          2- to by pass the first installation and to to apply update use air mouse with the tv. or any USB 2 mouse.
          Last edited by Diah; 01-14-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zen View Post
            Only one company i know in the UK that can repair main board .

I believe they advertise service on E BAY .

Company name is Micro tech .
            Are you talking about this one? I am looking to buy another one but it looks they are not very cheap.... Just wanted to make sure that this is the problem

Comment

Possibly this one
              https://microtech-av-spares.com/
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Did you try Diah's suggestion in post #5?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  its much firmware issue, as its android 5. there are update for years 2019 to this set- you need to try
                  1- hard reset from power & volume - then plug it in wall socket..
                  2- to by pass the first installation and to to apply update use air mouse with the tv. or any USB 2 mouse.
                  So, did hard reset few times but did not try with the mouse. Will try it now. The TV is with the last firmware downloaded from sony website.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobsuk View Post
                    So, did hard reset few times but did not try with the mouse. Will try it now. The TV is with the last firmware downloaded from sony website.
                    with mouse you can setting the tv as u like... the Notification graphic scale should work again after the hard reset... because its can turned off via setting.

take the batteries out from your RC in case the RC keep sending IR signal.. then use the side control panel .. you can try android APK too if you have android mobile with IR sender such galaxy S5. i think sony they have apk too to control the set via net work too.

Comment

with mouse you can setting the tv as u like... the Notification graphic scale should work again after the hard reset... because its can turned off via setting.

take the batteries out from your RC in case the RC keep sending IR signal.. then use the side control panel .. you can try android APK too if you have android mobile with IR sender such galaxy S5. i think sony they have apk too to control the set via net work too.
                      Yeah, but the point is it stuck on the welcome screen. So, i cannot use any APK to control it via the network until the tv is not connected to the network. And my problem is not that this volume graphic is missing... The problem is that it does not accept command neither from the remote control nor from the side control panel.
                      Just tried with the mouse now and nothing - i can see the mouse coursor and move it for 2-3 sec and then it is freezing for few sec and so on.... Is there how to reflash the TV with USB stick even it is with the latest firmware already?
                      Last edited by Dobsuk; 01-15-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Yeah, but the point is it stuck on the welcome screen. So, i cannot use any APK to control it via the network until the tv is not connected to the network. And my problem is not that this volume graphic is missing... The problem is that it does not accept command neither from the remote control nor from the side control panel.
                        Just tried with the mouse now and nothing - i can see the mouse coursor and move it for 2-3 sec and then it is freezing for few sec and so on.... Is there how to reflash the TV with USB stick even it is with the latest firmware already?
                        f you did hard reset as press power and Volume - then plug set in AC and it show for you erase on screen .. then Air mouse will work.
                        put the last update firmware on USB stick not larger than 4GB formatted FAT 32... inset it in USB Port Ver 2. and do the procedure as you doing hard reset. you need to release the power & Volume - only when you see the usb led indicator start blinking. do it many time until you succeed. if this not help need to open the cover and show me the main boards to see which version its.
                        Last edited by Diah; 01-15-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

f you did hard reset as press power and Volume - then plug set in AC and it show for you erase on screen .. then Air mouse will work.
                          YEah it is working but for few seconds only... then it is freezing for few secs and so on.

put the last update firmware on USB stick not larger than 4GB formatted FAT 32... inset it in USB Port Ver 2. and do the procedure as you doing hard reset. you need to release the power & Volume - only when you see the usb led indicator start blinking. do it many time until you succeed.
                          Did that about 10 times but nothing - it is just looping in the boot logo and turn off again and on and off ..... May be it is not possible to reflash it with the same firmware version. Found some procedure for downgrade on Internet but cannot find older firmware for my TV.
                          if this not help need to open the cover and show me the main boards to see which version its.

Thank you, Diah!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Dobsuk; 01-15-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

YEah it is working but for few seconds only... then it is freezing for few secs and so on.
                            did you use air mouse??

Found some procedure for downgrade on Internet but cannot find older firmware for my TV.
                            Thank you, Diah!
                            there are 2 kind of regions android 5 for Sony 2015 as yours w805c so i listed for you very early version for eua ...

and this eua sony_tvupdate_2015_2637_eua_auth.zip
                            Last edited by Diah; 01-15-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

did you use air mouse??
                              Errm, no mate. I did not get you that you are talking about air mouse. Sorry. I do not have air mouse.

Comment

just to be sure you did hard reset correct..
                                1-while the set on plug it out from wall socket
                                2- plug out any cable / antena etc from the set ( keep it solo )
                                3- press on the tv side panel volume - & power and keep press then plug it in wall ac again.. the front LED will change to green... after it change to green release the keys you pressed before.
                                4- leave the set it will reset and it will show you first install but it will reset again and reboot..--- this mean after the set rebooted 2 time and the first install remain on screen the set finished reset.

you must use air mouse. because its plug & play with android
                                Last edited by Diah; 01-15-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

there are 2 kind of regions android 5 for Sony 2015 as yours w805c so i listed for you very early version for eua ...

and this eua sony_tvupdate_2015_2637_eua_auth.zip
                                  Thank you! I am going to try some of them now....

Comment

Thank you! I am going to try some of them now....
                                    there is procedure of rollback 2015 set firmware listed at Sony UK ,,you can download the pkg.

Comment

just to be sure you did hard reset correct..
                                      1-while the set on plug it out from wall socket
                                      2- plug out any cable / antena etc from the set ( keep it solo )
                                      3- press on the tv side panel volume - & power and keep press then plug it in wall ac again.. the front LED will change to green... after it change to green release the keys you pressed before.
                                      4- leave the set it will reset and it will show you first install but it will reset again and reboot..--- this mean after the set rebooted 2 time and the first install remain on screen the set finished reset.

you must use air mouse. because its plug & play with android
                                      Yeah, mate! I did that few times. I can see the green led light and you can see that my TV is coming in the first Welcome screen after hard reset.

Comment

Yeah, i found the same but it looks it does not work. And can see the comments under the post, seems nobody has success with that rollback
                                        I tried and using your advice, Diah
                                        inset it in USB Port Ver 2. and do the procedure as you doing hard reset. you need to release the power & Volume - only when you see the usb led indicator start blinking
                                        It looks i need to looking to buy Main board

Comment

Working...
                                        X