Burned IC on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burned IC on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

Hello, today i managed to ruin my motherboard, its a Z390 Aorus Master from Gigabyte, basically what happened is that i wanted to test a videocard that had 2x 8 PCI power pins , so what i wanted to do is power up the machine with 1 power supply for the processor and the motherboard , and one power supply just for the graphics card ( 2x8 pci pins ) , so when i powered on first the Psu for the 2x8 pins , it shorted out a mosfet.
    Ive checked everything with a multimeter and seems fine, also checked the southbridge and its fine , but the problem is i cant read what it writes on the little chip that is burned , the only thing that its readable on the IC is : " 14 5C " , but checked after it and cannot find anything , im guessing its some sort of DC-DC converter or Power supply chip
    The board powers on fine with a graphics card that has got no power pins ( normal graphics card that doesnt need aditional power ) , so the motherboard works fineish ...

Can someone help me identify that chip, i would really apreciate it.
    I tried to search boardview files but cannot find any for this motherboard ...
    Here are some images of the board and the ic that is burned:

Thankyou !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Roli; 01-16-2021, 07:50 PM.

Re: Burned IC on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

Richtek RT9731AZQW
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Omg thankyou for the quick reply !
      I cannot believe it that i posted here an hour ago , and someone actually reply-ed with the correct IC , this is incredible , truely amazing !

I will order the IC , and i will post back
      Thank you again sir for the quick reply !!!

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
        Richtek RT9731AZQW
        Confirming repair successful , it was indeed the chip that you suggested , dont know how you knew that was the chip , its still a mistery to me

But its working perfectly !!!

Thank you Piernov, you are a genius !!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like Richtek markings ( https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...84&postcount=2 ), it's not in the old Richtek Marking Information document but you can search on Google for `Richtek "14 YM"` and the datasheet will show up somewhere in the result, then you just have to confirm the markings and the package in the datasheet match.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
            Looks like Richtek markings ( https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...84&postcount=2 ), it's not in the old Richtek Marking Information document but you can search on Google for `Richtek "14 YM"` and the datasheet will show up somewhere in the result, then you just have to confirm the markings and the package in the datasheet match.
            Thankyou Piernov !

Comment

Originally posted by Roli View Post
              Omg thankyou for the quick reply !
              I cannot believe it that i posted here an hour ago , and someone actually reply-ed with the correct IC , this is incredible , truely amazing !

I will order the IC , and i will post back
              Thank you again sir for the quick reply !!!
              Hello Roli, where u buy it?? cause i have some problem.
              but cant find seller for that ic

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X