Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using exFAT on Android on smaller micro SD cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using exFAT on Android on smaller micro SD cards?

Are there any downsides to reformatting 32GB microSD cards to exFAT provided any other machines that could use this card also can read exFAT? (Mainly for using the card as the default "external storage," not as OTG storage but I suppose it shouldn't matter.)

I have this weird thing with my carrier - I can use lots of GB of data but don't nearly have as much allocation if I tether ...

So to stick it to them, I'll download with my phone to the microSD or internal storage, and then copy it off the card/internal storage. No difference in the bytes transferred, but none gets counted as "tethering" ...

It's been bad...prior to getting my 5G phone I've been hovering around 2GB used per month, which is well below my allotment. Now with this 5G phone this first month I've hit 40GB and I have a day left in my plan... 50GB is theoretically the "soft limit" of "unlimited", and downloading fresh OpenStreetMap data for my Garmin has been killing the airwaves...

I hope my carrier is sorry they forced me from my old 4G phone because of it not having VoLTE, I wouldn't have started doing this with my old Android 5 phone as there are a lot of apps it no longer supports, granted I think it should support exFAT... hmm... need to test...

Re: using exFAT on Android on smaller micro SD cards?

what was your old phone?

use a usb-on-the-go adapter and an external harddrive - make them sorry!
    stream to twitch for 12 hours a day!

Comment

Working...
    X