Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer One D257 ZE6 Power On But No Display

Good Day,

I have this unit, I checked the voltages on the test point and all are ok, but when I check DDRAM_PWROK it is only 0v? Can you give me the right way of checking a unit that is no display and what are the testpoint that I really needs to test? I already reflashed the bios and reflow the IC but nothing change, I already replace other known ram but same issue. Power on this unit with its current read is about .420 Amp without ram .230 Amp

This is the measurement I have read on the testpoints
    Attached Files

Re: Acer One D257 ZE6 Power On But No Display

Hi, what voltages do you have on pins 1,2,4,5 of U7?

Comment

Check or try replace PR30 (620kohm). Seem its common problem on this series, due sponge which covering led indicator was melted. Also clean all rest sponges on near are led indicator. Hope it work!

Comment

Originally posted by meritosari View Post
        Check or try replace PR30 (620kohm). Seem its common problem on this series, due sponge which covering led indicator was melted. Also clean all rest sponges on near are led indicator. Hope it work!
        Yeah you are right sir, PR30 have changed value from 620k to 6 megaohms

U7 Voltages:
        Pin1 : 3.3v
        Pin2 : 0v
        Pin4 : 0v
        Pin5 : 3.3v

Comment

So replace it. What I was understand if ton (pin 12) wasn't good condition due resistor was change value, HWPG_1.5 on pin13 will not appear, even that pin it was pull up from 3V_S5. I believe it will solve your problem.
          Last edited by meritosari; 03-20-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

ok sir, it is very helpful, Im just a newbie in this field, I try to replace it tomorrow, goodluck to me I have a lesson learn about this unit. Im just lucky I have the same board availble where I compare the reading.

Comment

Unit Status Update

After replacing PR30 620K, the display is ok, thank you so much for the help guys. You save my day

U7 new voltages reading
              Pin1 : 3.3v
              Pin2 : 3.3v
              Pin4 : 3.3v
              Pin5 : 3.3v
              Attached Files

Comment

It is the corresponding problem on this unit, Safeboot Mobile Security appears when I tried to replaced a new Hard disk because the original one is damaged due to continues power on and off while the unit is in no display. I already reflashed the bios but it is still remains.

Unit is ok, it is a problem on the hard disk installed looks like it is from a server unit.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ronelex; 03-22-2018, 01:55 AM. Reason: Newly Installed HDD is the Culprit

Comment

Is there anyone encountered when pressing a key it shows many character and the battery led turns on even the adapter is not plugged in. thank you in advance for helping.

Comment

Working...
                  X