Lenovo V110-15ISK schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo V110-15ISK schematics

I have faulty Lenovo V110-15ISK with Motherboard LV115SK MB 15277-1 448.08B01.0011
    There is a short 'pulse' of 3.3V and 5V, checked for short, replaced mosfets (PU4502, PU4503, PU4504, PU4505).
    Checked for shorts, find only on CPU supply choke 3.3 Ohms. No shorts on chokes supplying other components.

wanted to replace controller for 3.3V and 5V (PU4501), but no marking on component.
    Could anyone help me determine component, maybe got a schematics?
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo V110-15ISK schematics

Schematic unavailable for this model as per vinafix. Can u tell the marking on PU4501 so that someone can suggest an alternative or may be datasheet?

Comment

Marking on PU4501 IC is 5X=3H V51
      Any idea with that can it be replaced?
      Attached Files

Comment

Richtek RT6575DGQW
        Attached Files
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thanks piernov!
          Purchased component from ebay RT6575A.

After adding 3,2V on EN1 and EN2 pins got right voltage on 5V and 3.3V chokes, but IC PU4501 turns very hot. Will see after replacement.

Comment

Replaced IC PU4501, but no difference. Pressing power button 5V and 3.3V shows up short pulse. Don't now where to search next for fault.

Comment

Inject 5v/3v and see what gets hot.

Comment

very often SIO chip is shorted

Comment

Injected 5V/3,3V find hot only the same IC PU4501, SIO chip cold

Comment

Did you solve your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by John_F_L View Post
                      Did you solve your problem?
                      Not solved, have to give it away.

Comment

need marking of pu5101 ic or pu5101 ic number.. please help
                        Last edited by drguru; 03-12-2018, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drguru View Post
                          need marking of pu5101 ic or pu5101 ic number.. please help
                          Maybe this link helps you:

https://www.elvikom.pl/lenovo-v110-1...24-t51242.html

Comment

thank you so much...

Comment

I need to know what electronic piece is U3601, it is related to tthe two usb ports, one of those shortcircuited and u3601 fried. Please help !

Comment

Originally posted by equilibrier View Post
                                I need to know what electronic piece is U3601, it is related to tthe two usb ports, one of those shortcircuited and u3601 fried. Please help !
                                By looking at an image of your mobo, U3601 seems to be simply a switch which passes 5 volt supply to USB port when an enable signal is received - probably from SIO but without schematics cant tell definitely. First make sure if it is connected to the 5V line of USB port. If yes, one of IC's pin must be receiving 5 volt as input. Simply short the input 5V to output via a jumper. That should fix it assuming other sections of the board are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by anshad View Post
                                  By looking at an image of your mobo, U3601 seems to be simply a switch which passes 5 volt supply to USB port when an enable signal is received - probably from SIO but without schematics cant tell definitely. First make sure if it is connected to the 5V line of USB port. If yes, one of IC's pin must be receiving 5 volt as input. Simply short the input 5V to output via a jumper. That should fix it assuming other sections of the board are fine.
                                  Thanks for so fast replying anshad.
                                  I tried to do what you told me, but I guess I additionally have a big short somewhere on the board, since all the usb port pins are shorted together, with also 3 pins from the U3601 piece.

Anyways, I tested out the card-reader and it works. Could I use the card-reader to restore an usb port on the usb hub ? Should that be easy somehow ? I'm guessing there is the card-reader controller, and then on some outputs from there should arrive as inputs to some usb controller IC, but again, no schematics... Someone told me about the web camera, that it should be an easier task ... Can you provide some meaningful thoughts about this also, please ?

Comment

Originally posted by equilibrier View Post
                                    Thanks for so fast replying anshad.
                                    I tried to do what you told me, but I guess I additionally have a big short somewhere on the board, since all the usb port pins are shorted together, with also 3 pins from the U3601 piece.

Anyways, I tested out the card-reader and it works. Could I use the card-reader to restore an usb port on the usb hub ? Should that be easy somehow ? I'm guessing there is the card-reader controller, and then on some outputs from there should arrive as inputs to some usb controller IC, but again, no schematics... Someone told me about the web camera, that it should be an easier task ... Can you provide some meaningful thoughts about this also, please ?
                                    I haven't tried hacking the card reader or webcam USB connections and bypass it to a USB part. By theory it should work. However your issue most likely only voltage related. That chip burned probably indicates something on the output is short/leaky. I would first start with physical inspection of the USB ports. It is very common for people to insert USB flash drives in the wrong direction forcefully and damaging the port. Sometimes this cause bend pins and a short in the VCC line. If physically OK, remove the burned chip and measure impedance between USB 5 volt line and ground. If there is short, the DMM will either beep or show very low ohms. Let us know the result.

Comment

Originally posted by anshad View Post
                                      I haven't tried hacking the card reader or webcam USB connections and bypass it to a USB part. By theory it should work. However your issue most likely only voltage related. That chip burned probably indicates something on the output is short/leaky. I would first start with physical inspection of the USB ports. It is very common for people to insert USB flash drives in the wrong direction forcefully and damaging the port. Sometimes this cause bend pins and a short in the VCC line. If physically OK, remove the burned chip and measure impedance between USB 5 volt line and ground. If there is short, the DMM will either beep or show very low ohms. Let us know the result.
                                      This is what actually hapenned, the laptop is used in a school and I'm the IT guy. Someone actually broke the usb port plastic, tried another pass, bended the metalic pins, touched them together, short circuit, pufff.
                                      I'm merely an electronics beninner, but I have willing to learn on a practical way. So I wanted to fix this, I dissasembled the laptop and looked at the mb, only the U3601 piece was visible fried. I removed it from the board, and because the damaged usb port was hard for me to remove, I broke it's pins in short width so that they would not touch themselves again and used silicon to temporary fill-in the hole. From then on, you know the story, there is a short on the health usb port.
                                      Laptop turns on, it works perfectly, but without usb. I even tried a self-powered usb hub initially (I thought the signals may be ok, but the powersupply from the laptop would have been damaged), it didn't worked, know I know why (short somewhere). The short should not be from the damaged siliconed usb port, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

So... ?

Comment

What impedance USB pins are showing ?. GND, Data + , Data - and VCC are the USB 2.0 pins. If you are not sure which one is which, simply measure impedance of all pins in reference to GND and report back. We can try to figure out what additionally went wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                        X