Re: Asus Vivo Book X580VD BIOS Needed

i am waiting this.

Comment

Originally posted by syntaxzone View Post
      i am waiting this.
      try this..
      Attached Files
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by syntaxzone View Post
        N580VD-DM027T
        BOARD : X580VD REV 2.0 clear me bios I will be glad if you share what is necessary please.
        the old non-image replacement.

Hi Dears
        tested no problems
        gpu ok
        Attached Files

Comment

stumbled upon this thread as looking for a bios for my m580VD-DM689T, the inside sticker shows (205) X580VD. have a board that is not powering up, no lights, not charging. suspect it's the bios as the DPWRON_EC reading is low.

first time doing this, may I ask what programmer tool do I use to flash the BIOS? is the recommended way to remove the chip off the board or is there a way to do it with the bios chip still on the board? thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by fwah23 View Post
            stumbled upon this thread as looking for a bios for my m580VD-DM689T, the inside sticker shows (205) X580VD. have a board that is not powering up, no lights, not charging. suspect it's the bios as the DPWRON_EC reading is low.

first time doing this, may I ask what programmer tool do I use to flash the BIOS? is the recommended way to remove the chip off the board or is there a way to do it with the bios chip still on the board? thank you in advance.
            As there are no lights and not charging its more likely to be a power issue rather than the bios,you should check the first two DC-IN mosfets.If you want more help with that then start a new thread in the main laptop forum.
            If you do need a bios at some point you can buy an SPI programmer and post your bios backup here and someone will check and fix it. There are a number of different programmers you can use and you can use a SOP8 clip to attach to the chip without having to desolder it, although its usually more reliable to desolder if you have the tools available. The CH341A programmer is popular as its the cheapest but it does have a few shortcomings https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

thank you! I did check that power rails all the way to the EC are up and okay, so this is my best guess so far that it could be a bios issue. From your understanding, wouldn't the charging circuit also depend on the bios and EC to be non-corrupt to start working?

I guess I will try the CH341A programmer. I should do the 3.3V hack to do the flashing safely, correct? being cheap is hard work.

Comment

I managed to get this dump of my bios chip but unsure how accurate.
                Would someone be able to help transfer details to fresh bios for x580vd rev 2.0?
                or if you point me to a tutorial on how to do it, i should be able to figure it out. tried fd44editor and it didn't work for this.

Thanks.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by fwah23; 04-26-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

tried cleaning on my own but doesn't seem to have helped.

can anyone help me? also i don't understand if EC bin is included in the bios or is separately flashed. thanks in advance.

Comment

tried cleaning on my own but doesn't seem to have helped.

can anyone help me? also i don't understand if EC bin is included in the bios or is separately flashed. thanks in advance.
                    Vivobook Pro 15 N580VD
                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                      Vivobook Pro 15 N580VD
                      thank you so much. I saw that EC.bin contents embedded in the main bios .bin file at 00200000. So if using CH341A programmer just need to flash the main bios.bin, correct?

Will try, and report back.

Comment

thank you so much. I saw that EC.bin contents embedded in the main bios .bin file at 00200000. So if using CH341A programmer just need to flash the main bios.bin, correct?

Will try, and report back.
                        i think i finally realized this past weekend I was following the wrong clue. wasn't getting 12V power rail so 3V for EC derived from 12V also was not working.
                        got fan spin from shorting the open circuit mosfet, so will replace them and continue. Thanks for the help with BIOS.

Comment

hello.i need bios for asus n580vd-dm039t.i write bios on post 2 but not see nvidia card and keyboard light it's always on.this is my dump.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by acshud View Post
                            hello.i need bios for asus n580vd-dm039t.i write bios on post 2 but not see nvidia card and keyboard light it's always on.this is my dump.
                            the bios you posted is longer...use the HXD program to check the content and length of the bios...try post #22
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

now i see.my dump has 8.195kb and here 8.192kb.i have two copy of original bin and have the same size.
                              Last edited by acshud; 09-04-2022, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                the bios you posted is longer...use the HXD program to check the content and length of the bios...try post #22
                                Its longer because he selected OTP (one time programmable) GD25Q64C(OTP)@SOIC8
                                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                  Its longer because he selected OTP (one time programmable) GD25Q64C(OTP)@SOIC8
                                  i have tl866II plus and auto search give me only 3 option on this cip.all it's otp.

Comment

i have tl866II plus and auto search give me only 3 option on this cip.all it's otp.
                                    Choose it manually from GD25Q64C or GD25Q64C @SOP8 ,then it won`t add the extra 3KB on the end.

GD25Q64C , GD25Q64C @SOP8 , GD25Q64C @USON8 , GD25Q64C @SOP16
                                    GD25Q64C(OTP) @SOIC8 , GD25Q64C(OTP) @SOIC16

http://www.xgecu.com/MiniPro/TL866II_List.txt
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-04-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                      try this..
                                      no display.thx

Comment

no display.thx
                                        ASUS-Vivobook-Pro-15-N580VD
                                        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                          ASUS-Vivobook-Pro-15-N580VD
                                          sorry for my late.not work.thx

Comment

Working...
                                          X