Pioneer turntable tone arm adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer turntable tone arm adjustment

Hi all. I have Pioneer PL-Z460 turntable but have some issue with the tone arm.

When the record finishes or stop it manually the arm does not go back all the way to the rest. It stops just short and then decends down onto the base. Is there an adjustment to make the arm go back a futher 0.5 cm?

There is only one screw at the base of the arm but it is for height adjustment:

Any advise please?
    Attached Files

Re: Pioneer turntable tone arm adjustment

sometimes there is a screw on the rear inner side of the arm .

Comment

It's usually due to a bent rod in the mech, or the cam has rotated. If someone was rough with the tonearm, or a kid trashed it. It must be more than a few mm out.
      There would be no adjustments outside. Have to take it apart and get to the underbelly.
      Attached Files

Comment

Does the tonearm land properly at the start of a record? or is that off as well? There is another adjustment besides the height adjustment
        Last edited by R_J; 08-18-2022, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          Does the tonearm land properly at the start of a record? or is that off as well? There is another adjustment besides the height adjustment
          It does not start automatically. I need to position the arm.manually to start. It just stop automatically.
          There is no other screw beside the height adjistment:

Just one spring can see on the back of the arm:

Attached Files
          Last edited by Dobsuk; 08-19-2022, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
            It's usually due to a bent rod in the mech, or the cam has rotated. If someone was rough with the tonearm, or a kid trashed it. It must be more than a few mm out.
            There would be no adjustments outside. Have to take it apart and get to the underbelly.
            Yeah maybe will have to take it apart

Comment

move the tonearm to the position where it would normally auto return (near center of record) and see if there is a Philips head screw in the location I marked.
              The shaft from the tonearm goes into the lower plate and should be held with a screw, it could be that someone forced the tonearm and it turned in the lower plate, or the plastic that holds the screw may be cracked
              Attached Files
              Last edited by R_J; 08-19-2022, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I saw that earlier but it is not like a screw and it does not stay still.

It is moving the arm backward and not sure if i can adjust it somehow.
                Attached Files

Comment

That looks like an allen key for the adjustment. and it likely did not go out of adjustment. I suspect the tone arm got pushed toward the center spindle and the small screw (under the tone arm mechanism) holding the tone arm slipped.
                  When you move the tone arm toward the resting position, and it stops, can you push it a bit further and see if it lands closer to the rest.
                  The tone arm shaft that goes down into item 105 (or 106) and would just spin if it was not secured by the screw (green arrow). If the shaft was turned too far, it would just slip as the screw does not provide that much force to prevent it from turning.
                  Last edited by R_J; 08-19-2022, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                    When you move the tone arm toward the resting position, and it stops, can you push it a bit further and see if it lands closer to the rest.
                    Yes, i can move it all the way i want and to set it down on the rest.

Comment

I think i managed to adjust the arm with this torx. It is better now. Thank you all

Comment

Working...
                      X