Clear All

For HP 15-ec00 DA0G3HMB8D0 REV:D Quanta G3HA

Need help finding schematic / boardview

Notebook: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0063
    Motherboard info: DA0G3HMB8D0 rev
    Platform: QUANTA G3HA
    Motherboard Part Number: L71929-601
    Notebook Part Number: 9MT23PA

The device works fine, but the USB 2.0 and HDMI output does not work. The power button&USB board is damaged. The USB charging port power switch controller is completely dead.

Thanks.
    Last edited by rs2pac; 04-01-2022, 11:11 AM.

Re: For HP 15-ec00 DA0G3HMB8D0 REV Quanta G3HA

USB load switches get damaged all the time. They are electronic fuses and should turn off the Vbus rail with an excessive current as the trigger.

However, some of the load switches are crapware designs and they just die.

Post pics of the USB connector that does not work and nearby, there should be the USB load switch. They are very common to source from real branded companies.

Datasheets are often with the same pinout so you can confirm if this is the fault or not very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Post pics of the USB connector that does not work and nearby, there should be the USB load switch
      Ok. Please help identifying the chip. I would be very grateful
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-19-2023, 05:48 AM. Reason: copied offsite images to badcaps

Comment

Very difficult to read the top line - can you post a pic of the bottom side of the IC ?

Looks like that the IC has been removed off the board ? So also post a pic of the SMD pads on the logic board so we can understand the SMD package of this component.

Looks like a QFN-16 package.

Comment

yep. its QFN-16
          IC still on board. The laptop continues to be used for work.

There have already been hints that this is an analogue of the TPS2540 and perhaps the SLGC55544CVTR or SN1702001RTER will do.
          That's why I was looking for a schematic / boardview to make sure. HDMI worries me. Will it work after changing the IC.

I was going to make a separate topic in the repair thread. With a full description of what happened and put these photos there. Also complete the following solution. An additional problem with HDMI.
          Leave this schema request here. The platform is widespread and this motherboard was installed on 25 different laptop models from HP. There is also a list with all numbers. I hope the diagram and information will be useful to someone.
          Last edited by rs2pac; 04-01-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

The IC is linked to the FPC connector on the right side of the daughter board.

What is this FPC connector used for ? Even with the top side being damaged, the FPC connector is working with the connected circuit ?

Comment

The train (FPC) goes to the motherboard from below. This power button board itself and also USB 2.0 on it with power support.

P.S. on the picture, the battery connector is disconnected before the first visual inspection.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rs2pac; 04-01-2022, 01:30 PM. Reason: P.S.

Comment

Case history: The laptop is turned on, and the FeiyuTech-G3Ultra gimbal (3-axis stabilizer) was safely charged in the USB 2.0 port, in the OFF state. After turning on the power, this connected stabilizer, the laptop turned off (it went out completely), but did not die. In the future, it was launched, loaded and still works. However, part of the hardware does not work. That USB 2.0 died, HDMI stopped working (although the second monitor reacts that something is connected, sorts through the inputs, but does not show). USB 3.0 works ok.
                Later it turned out that the FeiyuTech stabilizer should be connected to the PC ONLY via an adapter (USB TTL), but the pinout is not pure TTL, but a proprietary modification (there are only three wires), rather signal ones.
                Something like this.
                Last edited by rs2pac; 04-01-2022, 01:33 PM. Reason: the second monitor

Comment

i have it here it says on it 48BAA

Comment

Originally posted by lord View Post
                    i have it here it says on it 48BAA
                    Thx bro. Hope it's help.
                    Still need schematic, board view, to fix hdmi.

Comment

Schematic Requests For HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0013dx DA0G3HMB8D0

Notebook: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0013dx
                      Motherboard info: DA0G3HMB8D0 rev: D
                      Model : G3HA

I have this laptop in for no power. Customer was trying to install more ram and battery and caused a spark near battery connection. Poked around with meter and found a short on the source legs on B20N03 mosfet. Mosfet looked a little burnt so I pulled but short remains on source. Looking for schematics. TIA
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-12-2022, 09:02 AM. Reason: threads merged

Comment

Originally posted by rs2pac View Post
                        Ok. Please help identifying the chip. I would be very grateful
                        Is 48BAA
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-19-2023, 05:45 AM. Reason: removed full OP quote with images

Comment

So I finally found it..
                          Below is a link where you can get the files. Attention, download for money (~3$).

BoardView and schematic for HP 15-ec00 DA0G3HMB8D0 REV Quanta G3HA

https://****.***/**gs/da0*******/

[Mod. Edit-Vesko356] You must not post external link to paid or registration only website.
                          Please read the rules:
                          RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                          Last edited by Vesko356; 04-19-2023, 08:09 PM. Reason: Removed external url

Comment

can somebody please help me with HP 15-ec00 DA0G3HMB8D0 REV Quanta G3HA boardview?

Comment

Hello. Can anyone help me identify the microscheme? quanta g3ha platform. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the internet
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DiamondFox View Post
                                Hello. Can anyone help me identify the microscheme? quanta g3ha platform. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the internet
                                GMT G5335A https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...ab6fd587d6.pdf
                                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                  yeah, thanks))

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                    Where to source these ? Really impossible to get them here in India. ANy alternative solution for this chip ? Water damaged and this IC is burnt. Laptop is turning on with no display.

Comment

Hi! Here is boardview and schematic for G3HA and G3HB DA0G3HMB8D0
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver111 View Post
                                        Hi! Here is boardview and schematic for G3HA and G3HB DA0G3HMB8D0

Many thanks, helped a lot !

Comment

Working...
                                        X