[Request] Asus A320M-k updated BIOS Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Asus A320M-k updated BIOS Dump

Hello, anyone have BIOS Dump (ROM/BIN) for Asus A320M-K, dump has to be version 5862 or higher, so I can use with Ryzen 5 4600G CPU.

I do not have a spare older generation compatible CPU to boot and update via Bios EZFlash Utiliy...

Also I will be flashing via CH341A programmer with either (AsProgrammer, NeoProgrammer, Flashrom)

I´ve tried the usual extraction of file with UEFITool --->
    Open the *.CAP file, do a right-click onto the listed "AMI Aptio capsule", choose the option "Extract body..." and save it as *.ROM file. from latest BIOS *.CAP file and later flashed with no luck... board will not POST anything

Re: [Request] Asus A320M-k updated BIOS Dump

Post your original corrupt bios here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
      post your original corrupt bios here.
      Attached Files

Comment

According to Asus CPU support for this board, a Ryzen 5 4600G is supported or validated since BIOS Ver. 5862 so I downloaded latest version 6402…

I connected my CH341A (Green) programmer with 1.8V adapter to the board.

I identified pins as follows…

Then I fired up NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.10, identified chip as Gigadevice GD25LQ128C [1.8V] and read data successfully and saved backup…

OK so then I opened the updated BIOS CAP with UEFITool NE Alpha 59 , then - right-click onto the listed “AMI Aptio capsule”, choose the option “Extract body…” and save it as *.ROM file. (File size 16,384 KB)

I then erased and verified blank chip with NeoProgrammer successfuly, then opened new *.ROM file and flashed, Successfully… I removed programmer cables, installed CPU and powered up… :frowning_face:
        It didn´t POST, boot or display anything (Fans running)

I also have tried with no luck, manually editing *.CAP file with HxD and removing first 2048 bytes and saving as *.ROM, I also tried Asus CAP to Bin Tool to create *.ROM file, I tried flashing with CH341 programmer original soft, with AsProgrammer I even flashed with Flashrom for windows, in all cases no errors where displayed… yet Mother Board refuses to POST…

SOOO! What am I doing wrong!
        what is the proper way to do it…
        Any help would be greatly appreciated…

P.S please excuse my English, it is not my native tongue…
        Attached Files

Comment

Take the CMOS battery out before programming ,and use the clear cmos jumper afterwards. UEFITool has removed the CAP header ok 0 - 7FF (LENGTH 800)
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Take the CMOS battery out before programming ,and use the clear cmos jumper afterwards. UEFITool has removed the CAP header ok 0 - 7FF (LENGTH 800)
            Not Quite sure what you mean by (LENGTH 800) but I believe so....

Just in case I will attach Asus website latest CAP file and extracted Bin by Uefitool please verify ... THX

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by abel2b View Post
              Not Quite sure what you mean by (LENGTH 800) but I believe so....

Just in case I will attach Asus website latest CAP file and extracted Bin by Uefitool please verify ... THX

There is a difference between the 6402 i extracted and your file, theres a serial number in yours,i don`t know why,but it should be ok,take the cmos battery out and flash it .
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

There is a difference between the 6402 i extracted and your file, theres a serial number in yours,i don`t know why,but it should be ok,take the cmos battery out and flash it .
                OOH yeah the 6402 *.bin file, well I added DMI data from backup with FD44Editor_0.9.2 that is why serial number, UUID is there

I´ll try in just a minute

Comment

Take the CMOS battery out before programming ,and use the clear cmos jumper afterwards. (LENGTH 800)
                  Well I reflashed everything as instructed and no luck!

No video, post, beeep nothing just amber LED and CPU come on...

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

??? nothing

Comment

I am also struggling with this board, using a CH341a the newer type with the built in voltage selector switch.

My board has a Winbond 25Q128FWSQ which is 1.8v, but the chip does not auto detect, I can manually select the closest chip which is the W25Q128FW [1.8] however if I try to erase the chip I get a "Probable erasure failure, check protection bits in status registers"

I am using the NeoProgrammer 2.2.0.8 with a clip over type device, I don't have to tools or skills to desolder due to very severe shaking, so can't avoid this option sadly.

I also get "verification error on address: "random hex address" " when I try to do any kind of "off-protect->erase->blank check->write->verify sequence.

Any help would be appreciated, maybe we can solve the problem for both of us. TIA for any help

Comment

Ch431A is a programmer with poor reliability. Flash the bios file for your chip, then read the chip again and compare with the original file to see if they are the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

need bios for Asus prime a320m-k

Hello i need the dump bios for this Motherboard becouse i have r5 4500 and i can't update the mb to make the cpu work in this mb
                            i need ver 5862 or higher than 5862
                            E307069 GE-1
                            Last edited by Reda123456; 07-06-2022, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                              Ch431A is a programmer with poor reliability. Flash the bios file for your chip, then read the chip again and compare with the original file to see if they are the same.
                              I have no problem detecting chip or errors during write.. I did a comparison by programming chip, then read content with ASPprogrammer, NeoProgrammer and CH431 software, saved file and compared to original file with HexFlex and HXD and content is the same....

Comment

Re: need bios for Asus prime a320m-k

Originally posted by Reda123456 View Post
                                Hello i need the dump bios for this Motherboard becouse i have r5 4500 and i can't update the mb to make the cpu work in this mb
                                i need ver 5862 or higher than 5862
                                E307069 GE-1
                                Same here, still haven´t been able to get a dump from an updated "working" board...

Comment

Try again with 5862 version.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by hoaca388; 07-11-2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Is this actual 5862 BIOS dump or extracted from download ...?

Comment

Originally posted by abel2b View Post
                                      Is this actual 5862 BIOS dump or extracted from download ...?
                                      That file extracted from download. It's clean file.

Comment

Has this problem been solved, I'm also facing the same thing, I want to upgrade the cpu to r5 4650g, the bios position is 5606 and can't update to version 5862 because I'm using a cpu a6 9500 which is not supported in bios 5862

Comment

Working...
                                        X