TCL 55P607 / 55P605 tcon dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCL 55P607 / 55P605 tcon dump

Picked up this tv in non-working condition. On plug, the backlight would come on, and the led would flash about 16 times before cycling. So my initial guess was a fault with the mainboard. However, after holding down the reset button and plugging in power, it actually booted and stayed on. Still no display, but backlights good, and could hear roku sounds when pressing physical/remote buttons. No more cycling.

Next, detached one panel ribbon at a time, and got the respective white half, and banding on the other. Tcon seemed like common / likely culprit and are available cheap. Confirmed it revived the tv.

Saw replacement flash chips being sold as well, so I did some testing. Dumped the bad flash repeatedly and got consistent results. Dumped the good flash, flashed it on the bad one, and verified a bunch of times. Chip seems to be fine?

Retested the bad tcon and it's back to working. Closed the tv back up with the now working original tcon board, and will save the replacement for a rainy day.

So I'm curious what happened here? It seems like something was corrupt both on the mainboard (that was fixed with a reset) and tcon. Perhaps I'll be looking at a replacement mainboard in the near future?

Anyway, the problem tcon board is ST5461D04-1-C-7. Looks like it's used on a few different models as well. Flash chip is at IC6: GigaDevice 25Q41BT 4Mbit SOP8. AsProgrammer detected it as GD25Q40

Attaching the dump from the working tcon. Hope it helps someone in the future.

md5sum: d840252fccd1ea1a70bf36148d34c68d
    Attached Files

Re: TCL 55P607 / 55P605 tcon dump

Maybe buggy firmware, or a gone bad firmware update?

Comment

Working...
    X