CH341a SPI / I²C programmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CH341a SPI / I²C programmer

Can someone please confirm that their device can read/write to 24 EEPROM chips (any 24Cxx chip)?

I've tried several different chips now, none have worked. I'm beginning to suspect my device or the software.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Nevermind, it was my fault...

I was laying the chip on the pads meant for 25 serial chips...
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        o.k. for anybody who owns one of these.

there are 2 windows drivers to install.
        1: a virtual comport
        2: a virtual parallel port and i²c driver

then there are 2 softwares.
        1: the memory programmer
        2: the AVR microcontroller programmer

now as far as the memory programmer goes, the versions upto 1.18 just work
        versions from 1.20 onwards need to be registered.

and i have 1.18 and 1.29 if anybody needs them.
        ------------------------------------------------------------------

btw, the key to finding this stuff is simply to use a chinese search engine - it's like turning on the lights in a dark room!
        sir can i have a copy of your version 1.29? thanks

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=22

Comment

If you need the registered version I can put you in contact with the author. He will probably sell you a license for $5 or so.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The developer of the software is pretty nice. It was 10$ USD for me for the latest version, v1.31, with free upgrades he says. I had trouble tracking him down, even though his e-mail address is in the program. I didn't realize it was an e-mail address because the font was a little funky. It's SkyGz@QQ.com

Just tell him you're looking to purchase a copy of the CH341A Programmer. He'll ask some questions, send you an e-mail with the new version, have you tell him the Hardware ID, and then send you a registration code. For 10$, you can't really go wrong.

Although his website is in Simplified Chinese, he understands English very well.

Just thought you guys would like to know.
                -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

I just got one of these CH341A Programmers for TV eeproms.

Version I found is 1.13. Where can I get 1.18? Reading that it works well for people

Also does it have an auto detect feature? If not how do I figure out what type of eeprom it is to select in the program?

Comment

Originally posted by caphair View Post
                    I just got one of these CH341A Programmers for TV eeproms.

Version I found is 1.13. Where can I get 1.18? Reading that it works well for people

Also does it have an auto detect feature? If not how do I figure out what type of eeprom it is to select in the program?
                    This should be version 1.18
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                      Great thanks. What I’m confused about is when using an eeprom from a tv, it doesn’t give a detect option unless I use the 25 SPI BIOS slot, but this wouldn’t be for an eeprom correct?
                      Last edited by caphair; 01-18-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

too be honest its been a long while since ive used mine as use a tl866 more if im honest have you looked at the youtube videos regarding the ch341a
                        https://onetransistor.blogspot.co.uk...schematic.html

Comment

Ok so my problem is the eeprom chips I bought aren’t detectable. They’re a Winbond W25Q32FVSIG
                          Last edited by caphair; 01-18-2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Is there a way to add them to the list somehow or I need to get a different brand?

Comment

try flashrom

btw, are you sure they are connected right?
                              any 25 series should be detectable, even if it's not supported.

Comment

try flashrom

btw, are you sure they are connected right?
                                any 25 series should be detectable, even if it's not supported.
                                Flashrom a program?

And they’re connected right it doesn’t detect just shows all values as 0

And if I try to program it will sometimes complete but when verifying says “chip with the contents are in disagreement”

Btw how do you know if it’s a 24 or 25 series? I’m not too familiar with eeproms
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by caphair; 01-18-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Ah actually it finally detected one. After trying 4 from a strip of 10. So they must just be a junk batch

Comment

given the bs i went through last week, they probably got stolen from a production line for DELL motherboards!

Comment

given the bs i went through last week, they probably got stolen from a production line for DELL motherboards!
                                      What happened?

Also I’m new to this eeprom thing, for future reference how would you know what size memory and whether it uses SPI or I2C when shopping for blank ones? Or is there one common type used in TVs that differs from a PC?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                        Have you used this? Says it has a virus
                                        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by caphair View Post
                                          Also I'm new to this eeprom thing, for future reference how would you know what size memory and whether it uses SPI or I2C when shopping for blank ones? Or is there one common type used in TVs that differs from a PC?
                                          The size is denoted in the markings on the flash/eeprom. Winbond W25Q32FVSIG

Comment

Working...
                                          X