Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Numark NS6 Usb problem

Originally posted by izzzzzz6 View Post
    Just a few things. Way back you seem to get sidetracked listening to this guy going on about replacing the chip. have you checked that the chip is getting the correct voltages on the pins that supply it? Perhaps you just need to restore voltage.
    There are a load of these in France and UK look on leboincoin.fr ebay.rf and ebay.co.uk one guy is selling a main board for £75 but if you bought a complete unit you would have more spares or parts to sell on.
    Also you can check facebook marketplace.

Another thing that caught me out was not using a power adapter that was powerful enough, you need a strong 2A power supply.

Good luck.
    Could you please send me the link of this £ 75 card I can't find it thanks

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125037852365

Comment

this is not the main board where there are audio connections and use, it is the mixer board

Comment

Voila
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125341142...cAAOSwq5heqZOm
          Don't forget. You need a strong power supply of it will not power up!

Comment

This is not the main board

Comment

Sorry i don't really look at my emails much.

I have one of these downstairs with the cover still off i think. let me go see which board you mean.
              This one world except for a broken effects knob but i have been too lazy to screw it all back together and my friend has not pestered me for it yet. Only 2 screws in the back, here we go!

Right. I see what you mean. I call the main board the largest one.

Do you want to try to repair yours if we can't find one. I'll also see what i can find. I'll also send you a photo so you can tell me what chip blew up and can i ask you. was it actually exploded visually?Do you know why it self destructed? Was an incorrect power adapter used?

This guy is selling one in France on Marketplace for only €150! But. I'm not sure if he will ship it. Perhaps i know someone going to the west of France to go surfing. I can ask if he won;t ship it to you. That way yours is spare parts or sold as spares for €100 or so.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...b-058daef200f0
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by falcontech View Post
                This is not the main board
                Here are some others for sale in France. the first one he says it makes a scratching sound sometimes then it disappears, perhaps contact cleaner could work?

https://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/2041320644.htm

This one is in Grenoble. 2 hours from me and i know people living near there but he won;t send it in the post.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments...2178595442.htm

Sorry. I'm only searching classifieds in France. I'm not spending any more time on this. This one needs the usb port repairing and it is in Toulouse. One of my best friends lives there and he could pick it up but this guy ships. If you want we can ship it to my house. I can repair the USB and ship it to you. You cover costs and €20 for the repair. You can change the tracking pad yourself as you have the spare parts for that.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments...2039847027.htm

James

Comment

If you like i can wait for your reply and keep this one here with the cover off so i can identify the correct usb and order it asap.
                  Let me know what you decide.

James

Comment

Also, the old one probably just needs reattaching but, if the through holes and board are damaged it looks pretty tricky to hotwire to the next available component. See here, obviously you can look at your board to get an idea of the scale of the soldering work needed if the board tracks are damaged.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Also, the old one probably just needs reattaching but, if the through holes and board are damaged it looks pretty tricky to hotwire to the next available component. See here, obviously you can look at your board to get an idea of the scale of the soldering work needed if the board tracks are damaged.
                      hello this is the card, could we agree where you are from? I need it sent

Comment

I had already looked on leboncoin but it does not allow me to register if I am not French, also before doing this operation I must be sure that the problem is only the usb port to be replaced, if not I am buying another scrap of which I will not know what let me know, let me have more precise information or in any case leave me your direct contact even in private thanks that you are interested

Comment

Sorry i don't really look at my emails much.

I have one of these downstairs with the cover still off i think. let me go see which board you mean.
                          This one world except for a broken effects knob but i have been too lazy to screw it all back together and my friend has not pestered me for it yet. Only 2 screws in the back, here we go!

Right. I see what you mean. I call the main board the largest one.

Do you want to try to repair yours if we can't find one. I'll also see what i can find. I'll also send you a photo so you can tell me what chip blew up and can i ask you. was it actually exploded visually?Do you know why it self destructed? Was an incorrect power adapter used?

This guy is selling one in France on Marketplace for only €150! But. I'm not sure if he will ship it. Perhaps i know someone going to the west of France to go surfing. I can ask if he won;t ship it to you. That way yours is spare parts or sold as spares for €100 or so.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...b-058daef200f0
                          the card is this, let me know if it is working and how much you would like to make

Comment

Hi. So, you found a card and bought it? The listing is not available any more.
                            Sorry i took so long to get back to you. Regarding the information of the controllers i saw for sale. I am fairly certain that the information given was correct as the asking prices reflected the condition and descriptions of the sellers. I have been taken for a ride within the classifieds market on several occasions but i think we would be ok here.
                            My location is France in the Alps.

One of the reason i suggested getting an entire controller rather than just the board is that you will end up with many spare parts you could either sell, keep or perhaps one day repair the 2nd unit.
                            Last edited by izzzzzz6; 07-29-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Hi. So, you found a card and bought it? The listing is not available any more.
                              Sorry i took so long to get back to you. Regarding the information of the controllers i saw for sale. I am fairly certain that the information given was correct as the asking prices reflected the condition and descriptions of the sellers. I have been taken for a ride within the classifieds market on several occasions but i think we would be ok here.
                              My location is France in the Alps.

One of the reason i suggested getting an entire controller rather than just the board is that you will end up with many spare parts you could either sell, keep or perhaps one day repair the 2nd unit.
                              I haven't been able to find a card yet, if you write me a month later it's hard to come to a conclusion

Comment

I was never selling that card. It is in a mixer i was fixing for a friend.
                                I have been suggesting to you to buy a cheap but complete unit and either accept it's condition or use your mixer or some skills to fix it up. All of those links i sent i thought were good options to get one working fairly easily at around €150 and still having yours as spare parts that you could keep or sell off.
                                I'm still curious to know why you think yours has a blown chip and how it became damaged (most common is liquid damage)?
                                If you like i can ask him if he wants to sell it. There are still a few issues like a crossfader selector switch is broken but you can still switch it with a pen. and the effects knob is broken on one side but it could be replaced.
                                Did you check you are using the correct power supply. If it is not a good strong 2Amp suply (or more) it will not boot.

Comment

The reason it takes me so long to reply is because i was too lazy to find my log in details. Here i am booting from my main backup after i had some migration issues recently i basically lost my main drive and the machine i mostly use doesn't have the log in details.
                                  So. Whenever i have to make an invoice or do something from my main drive i boot up from this drive and the badcaps site has the login details stored on this one.
                                  It's a bit of a lame excuse but i've really had enough of resetting passwords because they are never remembered across all of my machines. Anyway, i'll write it down now for the other machine.

Comment

Working...
                                  X