eMachine No Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eMachine No Signal

Hi, all. I'm getting a bit frustrated with my pc (eMachine, big surprise). It's a T1840 and I started getting a "No Signal" awhile ago but was able to start in safe mode. Now I can't even do that. The cable is okay so I tried to change the video card but now it won't even let me get into safe mode. When I turn it on I get a series of beeps - 1, 3, 3, 1. Everything is plugged in as before. I removed the new video card. I have no idea what to do at this point. I've been reading other threads on this kind of problem but have only gotten more confused. Should I just give up and get a new machine? If you reply, please be easy on the tech-speech - I'm not exactly well versed in it. Thanks!!

Re: eMachine No Signal

Look up the motherboard brand/type, look up the BIOS used, there can only be about three. Award and AMI are two. Look up the beep codes and it will probably indicate a video or RAM problem. Reseat the RAM and try again. Try with only one stick, if you have two in use.

Close to 30% of comp problems are PSU related. If you have a spare PSU, hook it up and see if it boots...After you clear the CMOS(Google it or use the manual).

Here's a basic but VG flow chart: http://www.fonerbooks.com/pcrepair.htm

Since this is badcaps, has the motherboard been closly examined for them? The PSU would have to be opened up to have a look-see.

Best of luck itry with your problem & first post.

Comment

Trigem Imperial mainboard:

http://www.emachineupgraders.info/di...imperial.shtml

System BIOS Core Brand: Phoenix
      Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

the bestec psu often kills these boards.i have seen +5stby at 11v!
        dump it now.
        if you get a replacement board dont try it on the old psu!

Comment

itry, mark this site: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Note: Do not discount what kc8adu has to say above this post, the man has cred.

Comment

Do not discount what kc8adu has to say above this post, the man has cred.
            he has done more rework than we have had hot dinners.
            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Got the same code on a board I just recapped. Someone had "de-capped" the board by just pulling the caps off the board , so I didn't see the bulging ones. I replaced the missing caps, and 1-3-3-1 was all I would get. Replaced the rest of the caps at vrm, which looked ok, and everything is fine! I had never seen Sanyo caps before, but apparently they can be bad without bulging. Pheonix/Award bios btw.

Comment

Working...
              X