Samsung 193S Model Code GY19VSSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 193S Model Code GY19VSSB

I have a Samsung 193S which has a problem with the inverter transformer (I assume it's an inverter transformer) part number SPI 8TT00006. I know it's what's causing the problem because I initially moved the part from one section to another and that other section I moved it to failed to light up.

Picture included below, as you can see on the right I had marked one light with an x where I thought the light was bad, but when swapping the lights the light in that port was bad. So I swapped the black SPI 8TT00006's and sure enough the next light failed on top right where I swapped the chip to.

I was just wondering if anyone had any clue where I could find a replacement, I checked google, mouser, newark. Ebay's always viable except I haven't seen an auction for cracked screen 193s' for a while.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung 193S Model Code GY19VSSB

Welcome Crasoum.

I don't know if it's an inverter transformer, anyway the swap demonstrated it is faulty.
    According to a Google search, Samsung did use this component on other same-age monitors: I got reports of broken SPI 8TT00006s on Samsung 152N, 152V and 153 ones. Maybe Samsung employed it on 17x series too.

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

Inverter transformers are known to go faulty and its some what common from what I read (and have experienced in the past)

The inverter transformers are the four near the connectors.
      I take it you switched two around.
      (oh and beware that is high voltage area they dont have the slots cut in the pcb for the fun of it)

Getting hold of a replacement Transformer might be the hard part.

I think companies like to flog you a whole new PCB

there was a site that deals with this stuff but I have been reading bad press about them so wont post it.

There are companies in TW china that just make these things and sell them to manufactures
      So the hard part I think will be IDing it and then finding someone that supplies them in 1 offs.

I know of no sources

just google "lcd backlight inverter transformer supplier etc" I suppose and you will find a company in TW land or China.

you could try Samsung but I am thinking they will want to flog you a new board at best.

Getting hold of replacement parts is half the battle these days

HTH welcome

Cheers
      Last edited by starfury1; 04-12-2008, 09:16 PM.
      You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Yea, I checked across lines for voltage before I did any swapping, which is really the way I found out it was that specific part that was the problem! No continuity across prongs 1/6 or something like that where all the other parts on the board did have continuity across those points.

As for the new board yea, I was afraid of that, I set a e-bay search for 193s and 152n, as well as the part number for the board its self; I'll have to set one for the other two monitors.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't even think of this monitor (I've had it sitting around for at least 6 months since I diagnosed the problem) 'til I was lurking the forums and saw some really in-depth stuff from davmax, and figured if anyplace I could get help this would probably be it.

To be honest it's more of a shot in the dark then anything, I was figuring maybe there was another part number which could substitute; and me being not an electronics guru should appeal to higher powers.

P.S. Thanks for all this, I started lurking here since tomshardware did a motherboard recap and I recapped a LCD monitor I found in a dumpster almost a year and a half ago. It was kinda weird because I just kept the monitor around forever and never really thought about why it didn't work 'til tomshardware did a recap on a motherboard, then I got to thinking "Hrm... I wonder" and popped her open and BAM, 4 blown caps. Which moved me to replace them, and since then I've taken back up to tinkering with electronics, and even just recently built up the confidence to recap my main-motherboard which now works flawlessly once more, so thanks!

PPS. I really REALLY appreciate the forum-post that shows low-esr caps with measurements in charts, I Just wish I had lurked more and saw it before I got the caps for my motherboard :/
        Last edited by Crasoum; 04-12-2008, 10:09 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Working...
        X