Replacing a Quanta LCD from HP 1502 with a HannaStar lcd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a Quanta LCD from HP 1502 with a HannaStar lcd

Hi, thks for this very informative site & learn lots of tips.

My problem is that I have three HP1502 LCD Monitor Model no PE1234, Product no P9617D, May 2004, 15 inch LCD panel Quanta QD15x202, which had a red backlight for a few seconds then the backlight switch off but the Video is still working.

First I tried to replace all the 7 capacitors, having read about HP1502 thread, although they look fine but the issue still persist so I tried to lid another 15 inch LCD panel HannaStar HSD1509MX17 that I had from a Viewsonic VA5036 Model no VS11248 & the backlight is OK but could not connect the video part. So I presume that the power system switch off when one of the two lamps is bad.

I managed to replace the bottom lamp for two LCD monitor & is now working fine. However, the last one, the top lamp is bad & this is very difficult to replace.

My question is, can I use the HannaStar instead of the Quanta LCD panel on the HP1502 video system. They are exactly the same size but their connectors are different Hanna LCD has a 14 cables from the Viewsonic video board (715G1558-1-VS) whereas Quanta has 17 cables coming out from the HP1502 video board (6832144400-02 PTB-1444 10/08/'03).

Is there any website that explains the panel connectors for different make.

Re: Replacing a Quanta LCD from HP 1502 with a HannaStar lcd

generally, there are no rules for panel connectors. there are a handful of different types, and usually a single manufacturer uses different ones, too.

i haven't seen a site yet that has a good comparison of them all, but there's pchub (http://www.pchub.com/uph/category/50...onverter.html), they have various converters.

luckily you have both panels, so you can compare the connectors without much fuss (or looking for datasheets). look at the pictures of the adapters and connectors of your panels, there's a good chance there's one that fits.
    (comparing ground traces and planes is probably the best way to tell).

finding datasheets for lcd panels is a huge pain in the ass. you'll have to compare similar models.
    good link: http://www.beyondinfinite.com/library.html

technically i don't see why this conversion shouldn't work (99% sure the're both 1 channel lvds panels.)

edit: red backlight sounds a lot like a bad ccfl tube.. are you sure replacing that one is impossible?
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Re: Replacing a Quanta LCD from HP 1502 with a HannaStar lcd

Thks for the quick reply.

Will check out the recommended sites as it seems to cover a wide range of lcd panels.

What is a 1 channel lvds panels??

After carefully looking at the panel circuit board, it seem that I can replace the top ccfl by lifting the panel circuitry.

Thks again.
      Last edited by fongfah; 12-16-2008, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X